What are you giving up in 2017?

Options
Hi all!
Because a new year calls for improvement, are there any things in your life that you are cutting out in order to lose weight, become more healthy or improve your well-being?

For me it's sugar.
Diabetes and eating disorders run strong in my family and I noticed that I was starting to move towards that path these last couple of months. I binge eat on sweets in general and when Im counting calories, I often avoid eating healthy food (or anything considered real food) in order to fit in cookies, chips, cakes and ice cream into my diet.
I havent binge eaten in a long time, but Im just done with the control that sugar has in my life.

What about you guys? Comments, thoughts?
Oh and happy new year! <3

Replies

• missnolder890
    missnolder890 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will be cutting way back on the beer and wine and since the soda has already been cut way back I aim to eliminate it completely. Basically all high carb and sugary drinks. I do like my wine but I also don't need to drink it every single weekend lol.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up giving things up.

Me too.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Fudge. I've had over five pounds of it this week, lol.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    TLC227 wrote: »
    The only thing I plan on giving up this year is the 10-15 extra pounds of fat that currently resides around my midsection.

This I can get with! I've tried restricting certain foods from my diet, and it works for a short time, but I eventually slip and binge it, so allowing myself the things I like (in moderation) seems to work the best for me.

Yup. Restricting certain foods is a recipe for disaster as far as my eating habits are concerned. It's much easier for me to control portion sizes of the foods I like and to supplement that with regular exercise.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You all are great!! I love hearing everyones pov~
    ^__^
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I already gave up all I wanted to in 2016.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Fudge. I've had over five pounds of it this week, lol.

I'll take it! There are a few things I still have trouble moderating. I have overcome ice cream. I need to work on fudge. What kind is it? <whyistherenodroolingemoji>
  • kathsmwilson
    kathsmwilson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Soda, pastries, coffee, and stress/emotional eating.
  • kzzr
    kzzr Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Stressing about work and doing unpaid overtime
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    LenGray wrote: »
    I'm giving up the attitude that I'm unable to do whatever I want to do in my life.

This ^^^
    For the first time in my life I passed a math class in college and it inspired me to pursue medicine!
    That boost of confidence gave me the determination I needed to aspire to do whatever I want!
    So that is why I 100% believe YOU can achieve whatever you set your mind to. Dont give up!
    Happy Holidays

Thanks for the encouragement :) And congratulations on passing math!