What are you giving up in 2017?

Options

Replies

• USAMcK
    USAMcK Posts: 80 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    WEEKLY PIZZA.

I love pizza and have been eating it about once a week lately. I always go all out and do 3-4 slices plus ranch which is my whole day's worth of calories. I'm good about planning it in but it means shorting myself before and/or after which sort of feels like I'm making up for it the rest of the week. I think I'll institute a single pizza day each month. That way I can still look forward to it without regretting it for the rest of the month. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I just deleted a bunch of freeloading, half-arsed friends from my life.
    That should count for something, yeah?

I think that's call dead weight loss.

I've done that several times. It's very refreshing. :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I just deleted a bunch of freeloading, half-arsed friends from my life.
    That should count for something, yeah?

I think that's call dead weight loss.

I've done that several times. It's very refreshing. :)

Me too, but why do I feel so guilty about doing it?

OP - giving up my dislike for strength training. Not giving up anything else I need my foods!!
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up control! I'm giving up the comfort I find in controlling what I eat as it ends up controlling my happiness. I'm giving up restricting myself to an unrelenting focus on health as it lessens my well being. In return- I expect to gain a sense of security from not fearing food or losing control. I'm going to turn into the spin to stop it!
  • FrozenPoptart
    FrozenPoptart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Giving up the occasional soft drinks I drank in the previous years, trying for 100% water and fruit juices in 2017
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up on maintenance to lose the last several pounds.

Also, giving up on excuses that prevent me from achieving my fitness goals of jogging far, kicking higher, punching harder and lifting heavier.

No way in hell I'll be giving up my treats like chocolate, cheese puffs, etc. My aim is to NOT be miserable next year. ;)

Am with you
    I need to finish what I started
  • UnfatteningFfion
    UnfatteningFfion Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Alcohol at home. I'm going to allow myself the occasional night out of course, but no longer going to drink it just because it's there.
  • plumbguy101
    plumbguy101 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For me it's giving up excuses for not sticking with my workout routine. :#
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Only one thing I'm giving up in 2017; failure.

Just about says it all.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am totally giving up the rest of my weight to be lost - 22 lbs at the moment. I can do this :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I prefer to add things when I'm looking to make a change, rather than cut things out. Mine are:
    1. Add a legit strength training routine to my workouts
    2. Meal plan and cook at least 2 family dinners a week
    3. Get > 6 hours sleep every night

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Sometime in the 90s, I made a resolution to give up giving up things for New Year. It's the only one I've stuck to ;-)
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My braces come off in January so im giving up bananas, mouse, porridge, soup and ill be eating crunchy apples, cucumber instead- all the harder food! i cant wait. Ive been trying low carb and i love how its stabilises my blood sugar - so ill be continuing with that in the new year.