Thoughts on drinking diet cokes, etc

Options

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    red99ryder wrote: »
    I always like the joke , diet sodas don't work , I have never seen a skinny person drinking one ... Or the guy at burger joint ,, give me double burger ,large fries and diet soda lol

Good luck

You should hang out in an eating disorder treatment center. Diet coke is very popular amongst anorexics so this is very wrong.
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think we all know that diet soda is bad for you. I have serious digestive issues when I drink a Diet Coke a day. I guess moderation is key.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    not so good for you, but I'm drinking one now!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I always like the joke , diet sodas don't work , I have never seen a skinny person drinking one ... Or the guy at burger joint ,, give me double burger ,large fries and diet soda lol

Good luck

I've seen plenty of people of various weight levels drink them - including myself, who is in a healthy wright range.

I also dont get this point about double burger and diet coke - why can't one decide a double burger is worth splurging calories on but regular soda is not?

I don't eat double burgers ( no reason, I just don't like burgers much) but I would totally do same with other high calorie foods - eg have pizza and diet soda.
    I like pizza, it is worth splurging calories on. I like diet soda as much as regular so regular isn't worth wasting calories on.

If I could get 0 calorie burgers that still tasted as good as regular ones, I'd build a fort out of them.

+1. And I'd still drink diet soda along with them.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I will drink a diet coke or pepsi a couple times per day. The only thing I hate about them is the bloating but that's it. Some people want alcohol, coffee, tea, wine, cigarettes, etc as far as bad things they choose to indulge in. I choose diet sodas.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think we all know that diet soda is bad for you. I have serious digestive issues when I drink a Diet Coke a day. I guess moderation is key.

Nope, it's not bad for me and I have several years of data to back that up :) If it doesn't agree with you than don't drink it. But you can't project that onto everyone else. My daughter's body can't handle dairy products and has serious digestive issues when she has them. But she'd never go around telling people that dairy is bad for everyone because it's not.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Nope, it's not bad for me and I have several years of data to back that up :) If it doesn't agree with you than don't drink it. But you can't project that onto everyone else. My daughter's body can't handle dairy products and has serious digestive issues when she has them. But she'd never go around telling people that dairy is bad for everyone because it's not.

This. I'll add I have about 50 years behind me of diet drinks and artificial sweeteners, and since I don't have any sensitivities to any of it I've seen 0 impact on my weight or health. I do have celiac disease, but I wouldn't generalize that gluten is bad for everyone, that would be crazy!

eta: Sidetrack - I detest all the bs out there where symptoms related to a specific allergy, sensitivity or autoimmune disease are generalized to the population as a whole, and the cure for everyone is to eat/drink/live like they are diabetic, gluten-sensitive, lactose-intolerant or whatever. Buy the book and save your life.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Good luck

You should hang out in an eating disorder treatment center. Diet coke is very popular amongst anorexics so this is very wrong.

ok i guess its not the place to tell a joke ,, sorry
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Diet drinks cause cancer and are worse for you than full calorie drinks.

*the above is just a joke
  • mph323
    Options

Seriously?? You can joke about the chemicalz and dna-altering properties of aspartame? There are hundreds of blogs out there showing how awful diet drinks are for your body - look them up yourself! <flounce> /jk
  • AnvilHead
    Options

3m5oqrl9g3gc.jpg
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I got the joke lol

Good luck

ok i guess its not the place to tell a joke ,, sorry

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    A blog is not a credible source. The amount of artificial sweetener needed to affect a person the way you describe would be impossible to consume. When you look for information don't use blogs created by unqualified people look for peer reviewed scientific research.
    mph323 wrote: »

Seriously?? You can joke about the chemicalz and dna-altering properties of aspartame? There are hundreds of blogs out there showing how awful diet drinks are for your body - look them up yourself! <flounce> /jk

• AnvilHead
    Options
    A blog is not a credible source. The amount of artificial sweetener needed to affect a person the way you describe would be impossible to consume. When you look for information don't use blogs created by unqualified people look for peer reviewed scientific research.

Did you see the /jk at the end of that post? That stands for "Just kidding".
  • mph323
    edited December 2016
    Options

/jk means joke. Did you even read any of the posts above, including mine defending diet coke?

eta: just kidding is correct :#
  • humpbackgirl
    humpbackgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i've always been a diet coke lover. i've never drank regular soda except for ranume ever. i still drink it, i am just mindful of the sodium.