Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    more body piercing
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I specifically made a list of "most wanted" so that food rewards were avoided. I hit a goal, on the scale or NSV and I choose something from the list. No hassle and I'm always satisfied. :-)
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I've never really felt the need to reward myself for losing weight. The weight-loss was reward enough, I suppose.
  • manther88
    manther88 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I haven't rewarded myself yet with only losing 4 lbs. but when I reach my goal I'm taking a trip to Alaska for a week. Got everything planned already lol. When I lose 20 pounds I'm going rock climbing. When I lose more each time I'll do something else. I love skydiving so I'll put that in for a reward too.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I buy myself a new dress :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I need to lose 50 lbs by August of 2017, so, instead of rewarding myself afterwards, I bought a Leather Jacket that is one size too small for me. If I reach my goal, and I will, that is the Jacket I will be wearing as me an my buddies ride the Pacific Coast Highway on our motorcycles this summer.

That jacket is hanging on the wall in my mancave. I see it every day as I get ready for work.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I f(a)p to reward myself. I also do this to punish myself. Most of the time, I do it without a reason at all.
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who provided useful posts!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have five larger objectives for 2017...and while I plan to lose the 10-15 Lbs I've put on while injured, that's really not one of my primary objectives as that will more or less take care of itself...all five of my objectives are fitness related and bucket list related...my reward will be achievement of those objectives.

The only reward I really ever gave myself while doing any of this is my road bike...I told myself if I logged over 3,000 miles on my CX bike, I would reward myself with a carbon road bike.
  • UnderGroundMusic
    UnderGroundMusic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    New weight goal reached = new tattoo.
  • TLC227
    TLC227 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I buy pair of weird/crazy socks (I love funny/unusual socks).
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    For those in the US, you're probably accustomed to rewarding yourself with food or treats for a job well done. I'm trying to break this cycle. When I've lost 10 pounds, I don't want to immediately think, "I deserve some cookies!" I'm trying to set my goals for 2017 and I'm wondering what everyone rewards themselves with for hitting a certain goal? I've already written down spa days as they're not cheap and I enjoy them. I know clothing may be a good one but with losing weight, you never know where you'll be with needing new items. Throw me your (non-food) ideas!

I dont know how to reward myself. I've tried to think of ways to. There are things I like to do, but I dont consider them rewards. Watching Disney clips and Disney movie reviews, reading articles online, writing stories, hanging out with my family, and, of course, sweets.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Hmm I've never felt the need to reward myself. Is that a US thing? But about weight loss, honestly, seeing the new number on the scale and getting new clothes that fit is a huge reward on its own. You just have to try to think long term.
  • missteena88
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    For those in the US, you're probably accustomed to rewarding yourself with food or treats for a job well done. I'm trying to break this cycle. When I've lost 10 pounds, I don't want to immediately think, "I deserve some cookies!" I'm trying to set my goals for 2017 and I'm wondering what everyone rewards themselves with for hitting a certain goal? I've already written down spa days as they're not cheap and I enjoy them. I know clothing may be a good one but with losing weight, you never know where you'll be with needing new items. Throw me your (non-food) ideas!

I dont know how to reward myself. I've tried to think of ways to. There are things I like to do, but I dont consider them rewards. Watching Disney clips and Disney movie reviews, reading articles online, writing stories, hanging out with my family, and, of course, sweets.

I've decided to reward myself by pampering myself. Pedicures, facials, and buying new outfits. I need to stop with the sweets. They're not good for me and make me feel bogged down.
  • missteena88
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Hmm I've never felt the need to reward myself. Is that a US thing? But about weight loss, honestly, seeing the new number on the scale and getting new clothes that fit is a huge reward on its own. You just have to try to think long term.

I believe it's very much a US thing.
  • missteena88
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    INK.

My tattoo artist is difficult to book with so I can't make these rewards because it would be too difficult to line up.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I have never felt the need to reward myself either...Seeing the scale go down and the need to go shopping and buy smaller clothes, this is rewarding:)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    For those in the US, you're probably accustomed to rewarding yourself with food or treats for a job well done.

Honestly, most of my motivation and satisfaction comes from accomplishment. That is in everything I do. It happens every day when I feel my clothes fit better, or I don't strain as much to tie my shoes, or don't lose my breath running up stairs when everyone else around me is huffing and puffing.

I love that feeling.