90 Day Low Carb Challenge Anyone?

Options
Hi, I'm Staci and I'm starting the Challenge January 1st - March 31st anyone else here doing this.

Replies

• janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm game! when you say low carb...are you setting macro's to 10 or 15 percent or what?
  • heartrocklover
    heartrocklover Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back on low carb tomorrow Staci!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I get the impression that some people get confused between low carb and ketosis, so Keep in mind that low carb is anything under 150g net. Good luck with the challenge!
  • arunchick
    arunchick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I get the impression that some people get confused between low carb and ketosis, so Keep in mind that low carb is anything under 150g net. Good luck with the challenge!
    Yes. I am doing low carb but not keto. Why? Because my A1C level is borderline high. I changed the default 50% carbohydrate to 25. It gives me 160 grams. I think enough to not feel restricted.

I eat on avg 100-120g of net carbs a day for digestive issues. It's at the perfect level - I love my sweet potatoes too much!

• JonahLynleigh
    JonahLynleigh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in !!
  • justbntoye
    justbntoye Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Starting Jan 1,also
  • Mel08smi
    Mel08smi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. But do you have in particulars for us?
  • Marieyeyeam
    Marieyeyeam Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • KateGiesbrecht
    KateGiesbrecht Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Adira48
    Adira48 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. New member. Pre-diabetic, almost considered diabetic. Want to reverse this. Thanks.
  • samcross14
    samcross14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I tried keto but it was toooo extreme for me so didn't stick with it
  • Rhondahbl
    Rhondahbl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm am please add me as a pal to help me stay on track. This is my first time have almost 100 lbs to lose.
  • straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Please add me I started today on low carb
  • titilala5505
    titilala5505 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in and ready to go! :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »

keto is 50 net grams of carbs or lower,anything above that is low carb (like you stated is under 150g)
  • sugarkid
    sugarkid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing! I'm aiming for at most 50g net.

I was feeling the best when I was eating low carb in the past - and looked my best too!
    Unfortunately I fell under the spell of the sweet siren song of carbs somewhere in the middle of 2016 :'(

I'm hoping this New Year will be me forming new dietary habits and banishing my addiction to carbs for good!
  • Purplephoenix
    Purplephoenix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Started today!!
  • virginiamb
    virginiamb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in and I am am a newbie so how do I do this or what should I change my carbs too? Sorry for all the questions