When an MFP friend messes up, do you keep them company?

Options

Replies

• samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Seems counter productive. I also don't really ever look at other people's diaries. I really have no clue if my friends are eating clean or junk food.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont pay attention to anyones diaries.

who would eat because a person they dont even know ... is eating?

thats just stupid.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Um. No. That's some warped thinking right there. To binge eat with an online friend? Nope. Actually to join in a binge in real life would be weird too. How is that comforting to the binger?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Nope, never even thought about that
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never.

If a friend told me they had a binge (hasn't happened) I might talk with them to help then see if there was a trigger and ways to avoid a repeat.

OP, if you are doing this often you may have an ED. Have you considered consulting a therapist?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    That's weird. :noway:
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    WHAT THE WHAT??!! :/
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    This is an absurd way to justify eating to yourself.

"Someone online did it, so I should".
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses, everybody.
    At the people who wondered if I was trying to feed my soul or indulge because of an MFP friend, don't worry, I'm not trying to do those things. LOL :) I eat junk within my calories when I can get access to it. But these threads are fun and interesting.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    At the people who wondered if I was trying to feed my soul or indulge because of an MFP friend, don't worry, I'm not trying to do those things. LOL :) I eat junk within my calories when I can get access to it. But these threads are fun and interesting.

Wow! This sounds like attention seeking.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

So you're just trolling for the lulz.

I don't consider it trolling, just curiosity about what others think.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I don't read my friends diaries. What they eat is their business. I have my diary open to friends, they can see every bad day I have.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

So you're just trolling for the lulz.

I don't consider it trolling, just curiosity about what others think.

But if you know the correct answer, then the question is pointless for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Have you ever learned that an MFP friend had overindulged in the cupcakes and donuts and was feeling bad, so decided to munch to keep them company? Or have you ever figured that since they ate something, you deserved or might as well have some too? Why or why not?

No.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Have you ever learned that an MFP friend had overindulged in the cupcakes and donuts and was feeling bad, so decided to munch to keep them company? Or have you ever figured that since they ate something, you deserved or might as well have some too? Why or why not?

No. I don't look at my friend's diaries. I don't base my eating on what other people online are eating.
    I also know one high day does not mean someone messed up. If they were feeling bad that is what I would tell them. Log and move on.