I'm giving up on Congress.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Are you giving up on the 49ers as well? :D

Ouch!

I'm a steelers fan but also a Jerry Rice fan so that one hurts just a little even though he's been retired for years!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Because a new year calls for improvement, are there any things in your life that you are cutting out in order to lose weight, become more healthy or improve your well-being?

For me it's sugar.
    Diabetes and eating disorders run strong in my family and I noticed that I was starting to move towards that path these last couple of months. I binge eat on sweets in general and when Im counting calories, I often avoid eating healthy food (or anything considered real food) in order to fit in cookies, chips, cakes and ice cream into my diet.
    I havent binge eaten in a long time, but Im just done with the control that sugar has in my life.

What about you guys? Comments, thoughts?
    Oh and happy new year! <3

Nothing, because there is nothing to give up.
  • 7ElizabethAnn7
    7ElizabethAnn7 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm giving up 100 pounds. I will check in a year from now and confirm this information to be true, I assure you.
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    I'm giving up gluten and coffee (so far so good, started 5 days ago). Giving up on people who have dragged me down. Giving up about half of the things I own. Giving up 30 lbs. Giving up bad spending habits.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I'm giving up these cute clothes I just bought because they are looking sloppy and baggy, falling down all the time, or the sleeves grew a few inches too long. How does that even happen? Besides that I'm on the right track and don't need to give up anything.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Ouch!

I'm a steelers fan but also a Jerry Rice fan so that one hurts just a little even though he's been retired for years!

Being from Montana, I have always been a Joe Montana fan, hence a 49er fan, but switched my loyalty to Seattle and/or Denver. Tomorrow's game in SF should be entertaining as both teams kind of suck.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I'm giving up my diet "control freakness" that, while successful, lead to a pretty miserable year for me and my husband. Losing weight does not have to be a white knuckle ride. Be realistic and patient. Go out to eat, have some fun. Just make good choices and watch those portions.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,819 Member
    What are you giving up in 2017?

Nothing! :)

If anything I'll be adding more stuff into 2017.
  • unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    [quote="MeiannaLee;10493634"I often avoid eating healthy food (or anything considered real food) in order to fit in cookies, chips, cakes and ice cream into my diet.

[/quote]

Last year I gave up beer and ice cream. Also yes, I made healthier version of ice cream. Nice Cream, often known as Nana Ice cream. It's super delicious and I don't crave unhealthy Ice cream anymore.

This year, I will try to give up Indian food :(

• mindyb1320
    mindyb1320 Posts: 3 Member
    What am I giving up? Fat! All of this unnecessary, unwelcome and unhealthy fat on my body. Plain and simple! I'll give up pop, sweets and whatever else it takes to get there
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    i'm giving up 65 pounds of fat... or more! still will not be near my goal but will be 200 pounds closer than when i started.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

2rzf8s5.jpg
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    I keep thinking of things- I'm giving up my fear of food. Especially food that is of little nutritional value- I hope along with that- I'll be giving up bingeing. I get the logic behind bingeing is the other side of the restriction coin.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,271 Member
    I'm going to cut back on white flour, refined sugar, and alcohol!!
  • AniaMania81
    AniaMania81 Posts: 35 Member
    I'm giving up cookies, ice cream, cake, chocolate, and other unhealthy foods.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Yo-yo dieting. I think I lost around 28 lbs last year and I am just as heavy as when that year started. Procrastination is also on the chopping block. X
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Donuts and cookies
  • tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    I'm going to cut back on white flour, refined sugar, and alcohol!!
    Sounds great! Me too!
  • Meat and any animal product coming from an abusive enviroment!