Looking to lose 80 in 2017

I have done WW and other programs, we will see if I can stick to this :)

Good luck everyone in their journey.

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Depending on start weight that may be a bit ambitious/aggressive but you can most certainly make a great dent in it!
  • I am setting my goal to reduce my weight for my 40th HS reunion in Oct 2107 by another 80 lbs. I even quit drinking and now on a Specific Carb Diet to remove Gluten and Cassein. So far one week and 5 lbs
  • KillionSL
    KillionSL Posts: 24 Member
    I have also set a goal for 80 lbs this year to help meet life insurance lower premiums. Of course, that isn't the only reason but it is definitely a motivating factor. Has anyone tried to compliment their regimens with green coffee and apple cider vinegar supplements for hunger control?
  • Calorieblaster30
    Calorieblaster30 Posts: 1 Member
    hi ..i started my weight loss program in jan 2015. lost 20, since the past 2 years got demotivated, and gained 30lbs....i am starting this new year with a determination to lose 5o lbs...all the best to all of you too
  • emfors
    emfors Posts: 1 Member
    My goal to lose 85 pounds this year! I deserve it! Good luck to all of you! I'm getting ME back!
  • Ddockins
    Ddockins Posts: 9 Member
    Im in the same position. Have 70+ I need to lose. I cant decide whether I should do Weight Watchers or Myfitnesspal. I know WW works but wonder if MFP is as successful.
    Has anyone had better weightloss with either?
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    edited January 2017
    KillionSL wrote: »
    I have also set a goal for 80 lbs this year to help meet life insurance lower premiums. Of course, that isn't the only reason but it is definitely a motivating factor. Has anyone tried to compliment their regimens with green coffee and apple cider vinegar supplements for hunger control?

No supplements will help. You have to just create a calorie deficit. Reason I am so against the supplements is because they will do nothing to teach you about moderation. They may temporarily help with hunger, but what happens once you stop them?? Eat good fats and protein and you won't deal with hunger. The first few weeks are the toughest to adjust, but It is definitely possible. I used to binge until I was physically sick before. I now am perfectly satisfied with smaller portions. It just takes time to adjust.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    I have 130lbs left to lose (lost 70 so far), and I'm hoping to lose at least half of that this year. Good luck!
  • vilyda123
    vilyda123 Posts: 27 Member
    I want to lose 80lbs. You are not alone in this.
  • InspiredNewJourney
    InspiredNewJourney Posts: 66 Member
    If you work hard I think 80lbs in a year is totally doable. I've done it before. Just work towards small monthly goals so it's not overwhelming! It's what I'll be doing :smile:
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    I would love to lose 80, but I am trying to keep my goal more realistic, so I am aiming for 60 this year. Best of luck to everyone on their journeys, and anyone is always free to add me as mutual support!! :)
  • couchpotato48
    couchpotato48 Posts: 6 Member
    80 lb is my goal for this year, good luck everyone
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    80 pounds is my goal as well. I am not putting any time limits on myself, I know the closer I get the slower the pounds come off. I will enjoy the speed while it lasts.
  • bbeck9900
    bbeck9900 Posts: 6 Member
    My goal is 60 in 2017. Good luck to all, I know we can do it. I would like this to be my last time. I have also debated Weight Watchers vs MFP, for me MFP works better. I feel less restricted and I like keeping track of me macros.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    I have used WW many times and MFP. For me they work equally well, but MFP is free!
  • fletchleg13
    fletchleg13 Posts: 23 Member
    I also have about 80lbs to lose. I've done it before, gained it back so I know I can do it. Just hoping to get it off and most importantly maintain. No where near the support for that as there is losing.

I'll worry about that when I get there I guess haha. Feel free to add me anybody
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Best of luck to you! Calorie counting does work if you do it right. I lost 60 lbs in 2015 but gained it all back when I got pregnant. So I'm back at it again hoping to lose that 60 and then some.