What woe (way of eating) do you follow?

Options

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I eat according to the Autoimmune Protocol. It's an elimination version of "paleo". I also eat low carb and I cook all of my vegetables and fruit. This has help alleviate a lot of my health issues, plus I eat more of a variety than I did in the past. I haven't made any reintroduction for certain foods yet, But I will most likely end up eating a whole foods diet with minimal to no conventional treats or fast food. I know that there will probably even be some whole foods that I will never be able to eat again, and I'm okay with that. I enjoy food, but I enjoy good health more. :)
  • MedicRenee82
    MedicRenee82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Low carb high fat. Since October 17th down just shy of 30lbs
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The cutting down on portion sizes diet
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,172 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want staying at my calorie goal. Generally slightly higher protein and fiber helps me feel more full, but day by day what I eat varies a lot.
  • rachelcgn
    rachelcgn Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I try to stay within my calorie goal and I also eat more dairy products and less carbs now, simply because I otherwise have issues with bloat and gas (tmi ;) ) Furthermore I try to stay away from too many sweets, because I easily get 'withdrawal symptoms' (headaches etc.) when I go back to healthy after cheats. Staying away helps me not having to deal with it lol
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I have a staple of foods I eat because they are lower in calories, or just very filling. Being higher in protein doesn't hurt (chicken, tuna, rice, eggs)
    I supplement for rewards or pleasure
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    skrog4 wrote: »
    Just curious what dietary way of eating works for you for weight loss? There are so many different lifestyle dietary plans out there! I am looking for a woe that will show weight loss results and I can continue to follow and not get burned out. Do you follow.... counting calories? High protein? Low carb? Paleo? Atkins?

I eat healthy. The only restriction I have is processed junk food but on my chest days I'll eat that too. And I don't drink pop ever. My diet is super healthy I eat from all the food groups.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I eat all the foods I like, just less calories in than I burn.
  • jen_mv
    jen_mv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I found that changing my diet only makes me want to eat more. For me, the most sustainable way to stay healthy is to eat what I want (but limit foods I have trouble controlling my intake around, like take out), and add some fruits and veggies for extra volume and nutrients. Tracking calories also helps to keep me in check; I tried not counting calories for several months and gained weight.
  • kamouflaged
    kamouflaged Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use an app to log calories. I eat 3 meals a day as well as 2 snacks. I try to stick to around 400cals for lunch and dinner + around 200-250 for breakfast and snacks. I make healthy choices as much as possible but didn't remove processed food or sugar from my nutrition. Moderation was key for me.
  • sarahjcartin
    sarahjcartin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto Sunday, I've lost 4lbs. I have PCOS and take Metformin. I'm having cravings but I'm not hungry! And the awful tummy upsets that come from eating sugar and carbs on Metformin are gone!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    skrog4 wrote: »
    Just curious what dietary way of eating works for you for weight loss? There are so many different lifestyle dietary plans out there! I am looking for a woe that will show weight loss results and I can continue to follow and not get burned out. Do you follow.... counting calories? High protein? Low carb? Paleo? Atkins?

None of the above...

I guess mine would be "grandma's diet"...you know, eat a well rounded and balanced diet consisting of a lot of whole, nutrient dense foods.

That's basically what I do...I also eat ovo-lacto vegetarian three days on average...sometimes more, sometimes less...primarily because I enjoy it and while I like eating meat, I don't like eating it all of the time. "Meat" is primarily fish a few days per week...also chicken quite a bit. I consume red meat occasionally, mostly because I like fattier cuts that are calorie bombs and would rather just splurge on that a couple times per month rather than eating lean cuts more regularly.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    For me, deprivation or elimination of certain food groups or foods that I love would have been a highway to failure. Motivation and determination can only get you so far, and once the bloom is off the bud, adherence usually flies out the window with it.

So, again - for me - what worked was eating smaller portions of the foods I love, keeping an eye on my macros (especially protein) and giving myself some caloric wiggle room by upping my exercise. This method is uncomplicated, sustainable, flexible and has seen me through my weight loss phase and is standing me in good stead into maintenance, too.

Td;dr? Eat less, move more, don't demonize foods. :)
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    vegan, didnt start for diet reasons but have found it much easier to maintain and burn when i do gain
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 5:2 , or a modified version if it. Two strict days at 500 calories, the other 5 days between 1600 and my TDEE of 2100. I lost 10 lbs last month and still got to eat all my naughty foods like pizza and burgers. ;)
  • LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Whole Food Plant Based... Luckily, it's everything I want. :)
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I eat food. Mostly plants. Whole grains where possible. Fewer calories than I burn.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros). I try to eat whole foods 80% of the time and whatever else 20%. Sometimes it works out the opposite way though.