I ate too much on Christmas and New Year!

Options
I ate way too much on Christmas and New Year and now I'm getting back on track again. I'm a little discouraged cause I feel I gained weight. I know I can't give up. Let's start it again!

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Log it and start over. You've got this!
  • Valeska2017
    Valeska2017 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Thank you for sharing it.. The post made me laugh and gave me encouragement.
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Me too. It was delicious. :p
  • newme8050
    newme8050 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do this !!! ;)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    So did I :drinker:

Just get back into it. Don't over restrict or ever exercise, just shoot for your regular deficit and do your usual amount of exercise.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Thank you for sharing it.. The post made me laugh and gave me encouragement.

You're welcome. It's easy to lose perspective. Now back to it!
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I ate way too much on Christmas and New Year and now I'm getting back on track again. I'm a little discouraged cause I feel I gained weight. I know I can't give up. Let's start it again!

Same I ate less calories the next week and did hiit cardio and lost 5 pounds. You can do it
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Me too. Back here again. No more booze left in the house so that should help! Still got stollen, panettone, a couple of boxes of chocolates and a selection of cheeses to get through but going to log.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure everyone did that.

No big deal, it's only a couple days out of your whole life. Now get back on track with logging & calorie goal & exercise.
  • barni71
    barni71 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Doing lchf this week and no alcohol for the whole of January.
  • TamaraYacoub
    TamaraYacoub Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's okay dear ....almost all of us did just like u

Just forget about it and start again NOW
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You're so not alone OP, lol.

Just get back on track!
  • jattardi
    jattardi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Same story here. Back to tracking and eating under 1,700 calories today... and it's so hard! My body quickly got used to eating like crap again.
  • wowmanacat
    wowmanacat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I got off track once I had surgery in Sept and eat way too much over the next few month. December rolled around and everything went out the window, with all the cooking of sweets that I did. I still have over 10 dozen cookie dough balls in the freezer. I will make a few for dessert for us over the next few months, I will not give up my desserts just have to count them in is all.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Me too...in regards to the big picture, it's pretty irrelevant.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Basically December is a continuous long feast for us. I try to hit the gym as much as possible and save up calories for the party's that I know are unavoidable.
    BUT..I like to enjoy the holidays, and deserve the treats after working hard.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    It's in the past now. Put it behind you and get back to your routine. A few days (or weeks) of overeating will not destroy all of your progress unless you let it make you discouraged and complacent.