Depression, anxiety and weightloss

Options
13»

Replies

• Nakita369
    Nakita369 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an experience with obsessive compulsive personality disorder ?
  • monambi84
    monambi84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nakita369 wrote: »
    Hello :)
    I wanted to post a thread on health and mental health. I have secretly (well not so secretly now) been struggling with mental health. As a result I've put on 2 stone in the year going from 9 stone to 11. This have knocked my cofidence completely and motivation and i find myself getting into a vicious cycle constantly. BUT I'm really trying to fight and the first step is to acknowledge it which I'm currently doing. I now wanr to tackle the health side and would really appreciate some motivation. Likewise i would live to motivate other in a similar postion too. I don't normally put myself out there but I really want to start living my lifr as living in a constant state of what feels like survival is exhausting. Thank you K x
    Nakita369 wrote: »
    Hello :)
    I wanted to post a thread on health and mental health. I have secretly (well not so secretly now) been struggling with mental health. As a result I've put on 2 stone in the year going from 9 stone to 11. This have knocked my cofidence completely and motivation and i find myself getting into a vicious cycle constantly. BUT I'm really trying to fight and the first step is to acknowledge it which I'm currently doing. I now wanr to tackle the health side and would really appreciate some motivation. Likewise i would live to motivate other in a similar postion too. I don't normally put myself out there but I really want to start living my lifr as living in a constant state of what feels like survival is exhausting. Thank you K x

I am in the same place as you .
    And i am hopeful.. how are you getting along ?
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have depression and anxiety, in addition to an eating disorder :)
    Although I don't need to lose weight, I can relate to the struggles of having weight issues while also struggling with mental illness. *hugs*
  • jomariewill
    jomariewill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight for most of my life. I am now 33 and finally found out I have bipolar 1, which includes depression and anxiety. Once I got on medicine I have started losing weight! Not because of a side effect from the medicine itself, but once you get your mind right, you can think more clearly and consciously make better decisions about what you eat.
  • kawinger
    kawinger Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know the struggle. Last year I gained 20 pounds because of anxiety and depression and I'm doing my best to break out of it now. I can offer you motivation and support!
  • Nakita369
    Nakita369 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Happy new year all time to get back into health and fitness one reason I was feel low was due to hormone changes. I found I am pregnant so now it supper important to have a healthy body and state of mind
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    i see alot of females responding here but i believe a guy can shed some light to inregards to the struggle. I have been fighting anxiety the past 2 years and its been a fight to say the least. The problems with this has been the meds and the weight I gained from it. Yes the meds don’t automatically cause weight gain but it makes you hungrier. And just recently have I reached a goal of lowering my dosage. From 20mgs of celexa to now 10mg.

You can fight this and beat it. Taking meds regularly isn’t a bad thing but for me personally, I didn’t want to have it be the only cure of it. Message me for anything from support or tips.
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    Hi. I have bipolar disorder (type 1).

I avoided medication for many, many year but finally had to give in to them 3 yrs ago (psychotic mania; there were robots).

Medications turned me from super fit and muscular to being overweight for the first time life. That has been an added complication to my mental health.

I am finally starting to lose some of the weight but am still a long way from my goal.

Feel free to add me (anyone here).
    I post a bit about my mental health vs physical health battle and trying to align the two, as well as general everyday things.

This was me. I gained a lot in a very short time once i tried a few meds. The good thing is that there are medications which will work without weight gain, the trick is finding the right one. Topamax was supposed to be the miracle drug for me, but all it did was make me tired. Another one caused a 60 lb gain in 3 months.

After a lot of trial and error, Welbutrin seems to be the one for me. It keeps me focused, while the Prozac deals with the depression (bipolar 2 such fun!).

Listen for anyone out there, healthy eating and exercise will go a long way to helping you maintain your sanity BUT it can't always solve everything and exercising while depressed is hard. Who wants to get out of bed, or off the sofa when the world is crashing in? For stifling depression, please seek medical help and/or therapy. Don't let the "I don't need medication. I dont want to gain weight" keep you from being the best you can be. You will find the right medication if you need it. I resisted for years because i didnt want to hurt my creativity or take anything "unnatural." I regret those lost years. I'm now more creative and more productive than ever.