Add me :)
  • jennifergellis5
    jennifergellis5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me also.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Super special closed group for those doing low carb and keto: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Supposed to be helpful and you can hang out with low carbers.
  • chrisdell21
    chrisdell21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free too add me! I've half heartedly tried a few times but with recent health issues I'm back on and fully committed.
  • capaburro
    capaburro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started with LCHF today :)
  • kchoef7700
    kchoef7700 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started LCHF as well.
  • studiog608
    studiog608 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Low carb here. Still wanting to know of I need to count veggie carbs in my total daily limit on low carb days.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    studiog608 wrote: »
    Low carb here. Still wanting to know of I need to count veggie carbs in my total daily limit on low carb days.

Yes, you do. But you subtract the fiber from the total carb to get your net, and cruciferous veggies are very low in carbs to begin with.
  • chtuluhoop
    chtuluhoop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Meeeee!! Add away! :)
  • CoachPulido
    CoachPulido Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing Keto
  • eivy_adams
    eivy_adams Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, this is my day 1 of Keto ( vegetarian). Quick Quesiton, I have added my goals to fitnesspal but I keep hearing how you need to calculate your carbs separately by misusing Fiber. Can you please explain and share how you do it everyday.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    eivy_adams wrote: »
    Hi guys, this is my day 1 of Keto ( vegetarian). Quick Quesiton, I have added my goals to fitnesspal but I keep hearing how you need to calculate your carbs separately by misusing Fiber. Can you please explain and share how you do it everyday.

Net carbs is total carbs minus fibre. Some people use net carbs instead of total carbs. I use total carbs because it is easier. I stay at 20-30g (total) carbs.

Use whatever works best for you.
  • Jackie52391
    Jackie52391 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have lost 15 pounds on keto..going for my last 5-10 pounds! Low carb between 10-20 net ..and moderate protein!!
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • mollynjean
    mollynjean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me! :) I've been doing keto for five days and have already lost 7 pounds :open_mouth: (probably just water weight...but it's still super motivating!)
  • Cyndi10612
    Cyndi10612 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too! Add me!!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've been LCHF since November 2015. Feel free to add.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've been LCHF since December of 2010. Six years now :smiley:

Normally I eat anywhere between 5-12% of my calories from carbohydrate (depending on the activities of the day), 65-70% fat and the rest protein.

Feel free to add me!
  • SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Started Keto from the start of this year, also going to remove all processed sugars from my diet; just posted a very similar thread to this - so feel free to add me.
  • chilakin253
    chilakin253 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi i been doing keto for about 25 days now . Im glad i started it. Down 18 pounds now.. my wife just started doing it.