Runners- share your run!

Options

Replies

• chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Did the local Xmas Day Parkrun yesterday and scored myself an additional Xmas prezzie.

19mins32secs!

First ever time under 20 mins!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    I assume the Parkrun was a 5k? Great time if so.

I enjoyed a nice easy 7 miles through town.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I assume the Parkrun was a 5k? Great time if so.

I enjoyed a nice easy 7 miles through town.

Yep it was. Free 5k runs organised all over the world every saturday morning. Did one on Xmas eve also which was far slower but way more fun as it was the GF's first proper run back from injury since around May time. Loved every minute of it with her.
  • Charlene_1985
    Charlene_1985 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Did 4.5M today. Flew all night with a short nap this morning so I didn't push myself hard. I need to run 4 in a row this week because of my work schedule. 4.5, 5, 4.5, 5. Hoping the hip continues to feel strong.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I planned for a 6 miler today, but the result of several days of serious over-eating was that I felt bloated, stiff and slow. To make matter worse I had a "bathroom emergency" but was barely able to get back home so I only finished 4.6

Taking a few days off from running and eating tons of crap sure was fun but I can really feel the results.
  • silverfiend
    Options
    Today's 7.2 mile run went MUCH better. Felt better, ran faster, no bathroom emergency LOL.
  • U2Bad1
    U2Bad1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah silver..I feel the same way when I am on the treadmill at the gym with other people around me and don't want to let the gas flow.
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 of C25k tonight and felt ok after it I decided to do it again so did 4.1 miles really chuffed.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was out on the trail for 6km recovery run after my long run on Sunday. Day two of my current marathon plan.

I managed to skid on the mud, 3km out and just before my turnaround point. So a walk back to the car and then a visit to the hospital to get it checked out.

Not broken, and likely to be the ligaments in my right ankle.

So I may have to wind down from the Marathon in March if I'm uncertain about getting the mileage in. There are 20 mile, HM and 10 mile options.

Irritated doesn't quite capture it.
  • U2Bad1
    U2Bad1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ouch meandering, so sorry to hear that.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    89 degrees F in my neck of the woods, so only managed a 4km run and 1km walk. Getting cooler in the coming days well in the mornings that is, so can get a decent run in then.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Meandering - that really blows. Which marathon were you planning to do? Better to happen now than a week before the race (BTDT) but still disappointing. I hope you heal quickly.

It was a beautiful sunny 55 degree day here, so I really enjoyed my 5.7 mile easy run.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Chilly day today, so I decided to do a leisurely 10k and try out the sweet new running gear I got for Christmas. I was given a pair of capris and as I normally wear shorts, I thought I'd give them a trial run before my first 10k race of the year in January. Happy to say they passed muster, and kept me toasty and warm. Not so impressed about the fact I took a wrong turn which added another 1.3 miles onto my route. Ah well, I'm planning on a half marathon at the end of the year so I need to start building up the miles anyway.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Meandering - that really blows. Which marathon were you planning to do?

It's the Larmer Tree, out of the Larmer Tree Gardens, I'm doing the White Star long series this year; four marathons and two Ultras with the Larmer being the first marathon of the set.
  • Charlene_1985
    Options
    Did 5 miles yesterday and was overdressed for the temperatures. Tonight I am on the road for work so I did a treadmill workout. I did the 3 mile USMC Physical Fitness Test and scored 76pts for doing the 3 mile run in 24:58. Did .75 to warm up and .75 to cool down, so 4.5 in total. Tomorrow is a very long work day; coincidentally it is also my rest day. YAY!
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    4.2 miles at 7 degrees...perfect running weather! I'm working on upping my volume and thinking about training up for a 10K. 8yxkdcr0s7fr.jpg

Now thats commitment! Well done!
  • silverfiend
    Options
    damn man! hard core!
  • Charlene_1985
    Options
    Didn't run today or yesterday as I've been attacked by a nasty cold with a fever. On The 1st I did a 10K in 54 and then a 4 miler on the second. Felt awful during the 4 miler as I was starting to get sick. Came back drenched in sweat, sore everything. Took a shower and ate some dinner. Fever of 101. Feeling better tonight so hopefully I'll be back in my sneakers tomorrow. Today was a rest day so if I can make it thru my 5 miler tomorrow, I'll only have missed 1 run. Happy New Year everyone!
  • fpmferreira
    fpmferreira Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    6km in 30minutes @7:00 AM.
    Wake up run. :)