New low carber on board

Options
Looking for a low carb pal. I have 69 left to lose to my goal of 155. I live in South Georgia, on a little farm with my husband, grandson, chickens, turkeys, and rabbits. Oh and my cats. Love the country life. I am retired, will be joining a fitness center soon and hope they don't kill this 59 year old woman. If you have any of the same interests, I would love to talk.
Pat

Replies

• jabigail55
    jabigail55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber too. Just started. I'd love any tips you might have. My name is Abbie. :)
  • mrizzo22
    mrizzo22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been a low carber for about 2 years now! I've definitely seen some ups and downs in my progress but it really makes me feel better! Feel free to add me:)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Low Carber Daily Forum....The LCD Group ...bunch of low carbers in this group ..consider joining
  • MAB0218
    MAB0218 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just started low carb...i was doing just calorie counting. Lost 40..took a break gained back 28. I am looking for low carb friends for tips, ideas and motivation. Looking to lose 50lbs. Send a friend request if interested.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am doing lower carbs and could use some tips. Send me a friend request if you want!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing low carb...adjusted my macros for 25% carb instead of 40. The majority of my carbs currently are coming from fruit which I will not give up. We also have our age range (52 here) in common and the cats...that's about it I think! Welcome to MFP!

The club won't kill you....start slow and careful. Many clubs give you a free initial consult with a trainer to help you set up a program to get started.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    great people and lots of knowledge and resources over at:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

come and join us.
  • mibus100
    mibus100 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    wpat734 wrote: »
    Looking for a low carb pal. I have 69 left to lose to my goal of 155. I live in South Georgia, on a little farm with my husband, grandson, chickens, turkeys, and rabbits. Oh and my cats. Love the country life. I am retired, will be joining a fitness center soon and hope they don't kill this 59 year old woman. If you have any of the same interests, I would love to talk.
    Pat

Hi wpat734, I am on low carb high fat LCHF, I love to cook and also love to eat what I cook so I am in the process of changing the way we eat. I am retired as well so understand where you are at. Love to chat and what we are cooking and share recipes.