2 stone in 17 weeks!!

Options
Hey dudes and dudettes!! Is it possible to lose 2 stone in 17 weeks?? Any advice much appreciated! Thanx

Replies

• Aliteralballofsunshine
    Options
    Well that's about 1.64 pounds a week. The healthy range for weightloss is 1-2 pounds a week. So yes it is possible.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose. I lost that much per month for about 3 months straight, but started morbidly obese.
  • warcup666
    warcup666 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose. I lost that much per month for about 3 months straight, but started morbidly obese.

Well done hun that's fab!! I'm 11 stone 4 now and 5ft 4 i wanna get to 9 stone
  • warcup666
    Options
    Well that's about 1.64 pounds a week. The healthy range for weightloss is 1-2 pounds a week. So yes it is possible.

Awww fab thank u
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    warcup666 wrote: »
    Hey dudes and dudettes!! Is it possible to lose 2 stone in 17 weeks?? Any advice much appreciated! Thanx
    What do you weigh now? If you're under 160, it's be tough.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• warcup666
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

11 stone 4 now X
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

11 stone 4 now X

Yeah that's just under 160lbs so I agree with @ninerbuff - that's a big deficit.

• warcup666
    Options
    Might have to do a few crash diets lol
  • clairec230787
    clairec230787 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I got from 11 stone 3lbs to 9 stone 2 lbs in 3 months. Kept it off for a year and then put 10lb over Christmas. So hence being back here, buts it's totally possible it just takes a lot of effort.
  • Ty_Floyd
    Ty_Floyd Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Two stone per month!? How many daily calories were you on?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Ty_Floyd wrote: »

Started ~1900 but I upped my activity a lot and wasn't good about eating them back. I can't think in stones, but I guess I was 23.5 stones or so.

I've gone from 330 in mid Sept to 275 at the end of December. I averaged about 3.5 lb lost per week.

BMR for someone my size is almost 2,700, add in normal activity and I would have needed >3,000 to maintain. Plus I started ~ 30 mins a day on the former clothes hanger in my basement (treadmill). So losing that fast, at that weight, is possible. Now, at 275, I am not be losing at that rate, but still losing faster than the 1-2 lbs MFP says. In fact, I've decided to eat more of my exercise calories back and slow the loss down somewhat.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Ty_Floyd wrote: »

Started ~1900 but I upped my activity a lot and wasn't good about eating them back. I can't think in stones, but I guess I was 23.5 stones or so.

I've gone from 330 in mid Sept to 275 at the end of December. I averaged about 3.5 lb lost per week.

BMR for someone my size is almost 2,700, add in normal activity and I would have needed >3,000 to maintain. Plus I started ~ 30 mins a day on the former clothes hanger in my basement (treadmill). So losing that fast, at that weight, is possible. Now, at 275, I am not be losing at that rate, but still losing faster than the 1-2 lbs MFP says. In fact, I've decided to eat more of my exercise calories back and slow the loss down somewhat.

As you stated, you started out morbidly obese.

OP is a way different case. She is only slightly overweight on the BMI scale.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Why 17 weeks
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I feel like we might have been here before with OP but don't have time to search right now.....
  • warcup666
    Options
    I got from 11 stone 3lbs to 9 stone 2 lbs in 3 months. Kept it off for a year and then put 10lb over Christmas. So hence being back here, buts it's totally possible it just takes a lot of effort.

Wow that's fantastic!! That's pretty much my situation I'm 11st 4 now ! Can I ask what your diet and exercise was ?
  • warcup666
    Options
    Why 17 weeks

Holiday lol
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Might have to do a few crash diets lol

LORDTTTT give me strength. Please don't. You know not to.