Intermittent fasting

Options
So I've recently started doing I.F .. I was wondering if anyone else has done intermittent fasting that has tips on how to get thru the "my body feels hungry phase" ....

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lots of water

IF doesn't work for everyone though....
  • Dalceridae
    Dalceridae Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 16:8 split (usually ends up working out more like 18:6 in practice), skipping breakfast and having my first meal around 1:30-2pm. I drink a glass of water when I get up and have 2-3 more throughout the morning. I'm not getting hungry at all now. I only struggle on the weekends when my husband makes a delicious fry up in the morning.
  • Nicole_0114
    Nicole_0114 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dalceridae, I've been drinking water alot of it. But I still notice myself 'feeling hungry'. Wasnt sure if there was any other things I could try.

I'm doing the 16 hour fast, and 8 hour eating window. Because of my work schedule I'm trying to keep it consistent otherwise I get thrown off. Tho I'm not eating all 8 hours, I'm not even eating an hour of that window.

I keep my lunches small. And at dinner I use up my remaining calories.

I also take a multi vitamin to make up for anything lost during fasting.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    It will pass once your system gets used to your new way of eating. Until then drink lots and think of hunger as the fat screaming! I did 5:2 successfully last year, then ate like an idiot and put the weight back on, but I felt the best I've felt in years while doing IF.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Water and caffeine help me when I'm fasted. If you're struggling with it, it might not be for you. IF is not magic and does not directly help with fat loss, it is merely a tool to help people stick to their calorie goal .
  • Nicole_0114
    Options
    Well I only just started it 2 days ago. I'm still deciding if it's for me or not. I was reading that I could drink black coffee but I don't like coffee. And I don't like hot tea. So that kinda narrows down my -healthy caffeine- window.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    latham0114 wrote: »
    Well I only just started it 2 days ago. I'm still deciding if it's for me or not. I was reading that I could drink black coffee but I don't like coffee. And I don't like hot tea. So that kinda narrows down my -healthy caffeine- window.

I don't like coffee or care for hot tea either. Have you considered drinking cold or room temp tea?

I make 2 pitchers of teas (my own blends) and store them in the fridge.

They last for about 2 days and I use a mug warmer to warm up my tea slightly. It's works great for me and it's a time saver.

Also I've been IFing naturally for the past 4 years and have had a lot of success with this way of eating.

Good luck!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie drinks (Diet Coke), Zero calorie energy drinks and caffeine pills are all options as well.
  • Nicole_0114
    Options
    Thanks guys I appreciate the tips. I'll try room temp tea. See if I like that any better.

And I've never even considered diet drinks or caffeine pills.
  • tashygolean730
    tashygolean730 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Diet soda will work. The caffeine really helps. I like green tea or mint tea iced as well. You will find it gets much easier after about a week. I do Alternate Day Fasting, so I eat 500 every other day and maintenance every other day. But if I am on vacation I do 16:8.
  • SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Why put stuff in like diet sodas when you are cleansing out? Makes no sense unless you are fasting just to lose quick weight. A fast should be about staying hydrated with pure clean water. It's the hardest thing to do but your body will get the detox needed.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why put stuff in like diet sodas when you are cleansing out? Makes no sense unless you are fasting just to lose quick weight. A fast should be about staying hydrated with pure clean water. It's the hardest thing to do but your body will get the detox needed.

IF isn't about 'cleansing' it's just a style of eating...
  • everyusernamewastakenso
    Options
    I recently started IF and I noticed the vitamins I was taking on an empty stomach made me nauseous and then extremely hungry. Maybe you're having the same issue? Without them it's relatively easy for me.
  • dfc4
    dfc4 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF since August 2016
    i am down from 96 kg to about 80 kg (you can check out the before & after on my profile)
    I try and keep up 18 - 20 hours fasting phase each day and i train every morning at 6 am (after 12 - 13 hours of fasting.
    I think you get used to the hunger after a while and once you start seeing the results you wont give a damn about the hunger :)
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i switched up diet coke with chicken broth, beef broth an maybe added miracle noodles ...
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    latham0114 wrote: »
    Thanks guys I appreciate the tips. I'll try room temp tea. See if I like that any better.

And I've never even considered diet drinks or caffeine pills.

I wouldent consider the caffeine pills