I need to gain as much water weight as possible by Saturday.

Options
I already eat a pretty high sodium diet (5-7k at least)
Creatine has never really made me hold on to water.

Need to make a high weigh in

Any suggestions?

Replies

• quartknee11
    quartknee11 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Cheat meal. Eat out. Entree and dessert. Go big or go home
  • NeuronsNeuronsNeurons
    Options
    MSG I hear can really make people retain as will pasta dishes and carb loading. I'm a freak and can eat a lot of sodium without effect...carbs not so much, I definitely bloat.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Movie theater popcorn ... the large bag with free refills. Just keep eating the popcorn and drinking the massive jug of diet soda or whatever you buy with it.

That would do it for me.

Actually, that would probably kill me. But were I not diabetic and only wanted to gain some water weight ... I'd try that. >:)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Movie theater popcorn ... the large bag with free refills. Just keep eating the popcorn and drinking the massive jug of diet soda or whatever you buy with it.

That would do it for me.

Actually, that would probably kill me. But were I not diabetic and only wanted to gain some water weight ... I'd try that. >:)

Popcorn and diet soda? That sounds like a diet to lose weight.

OP have a carb and sodium heavy day before your weigh in, drink as much water as possible on the morning and you're good to go.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Eating Chipotle always seems to do it for me.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Popcorn and diet soda? That sounds like a diet to lose weight.

Movie theater popcorn can have ~1000 calories for a large, with 40 or more grams of fat. And of course sodium. (Which is why it tastes WAAAAAY better than the 100 calorie individual serving microwave bags that I allow myself to eat.)
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Restaurant meals always work for me (if the goal is water retention, that is).
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Every time I eat too many bread sticks or garlic knots from Pizza Hut or too much mac and cheese I retain a lot of water the next day. Also if I eat too much pasta during the week before a marathon. Just carb up, works for me lol.
  • mcouey84
    mcouey84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite BB mentors taught me the best way to drop water is to drink it...so logically, the opposite would make sense to retain.

If that's all you want to gain maybe try some zero cal sports drinks...they're basically sodium and a few vitamins anyway
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »

Any suggestions?

Why? Is this for a PL (or the like) competition? If so, just weigh in fully clothed. If not, then a F-ton of sodium, a F-ton of carbs, and a normal amount of liquids.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Any suggestions?

Why? Is this for a PL (or the like) competition? If so, just weigh in fully clothed. If not, then a F-ton of sodium, a F-ton of carbs, and a normal amount of liquids.

My guess was that it was for the start of a weight loss contest. Make the initial weigh-in as high as possible to maximize the difference.

Carb up the day before and eat lots of high-sodium foods. Lots of bread, pasta, maybe a pizza (or as somebody mentioned above, a Chinese buffet). A big bag of salt & vinegar potato chips should help, maybe along with a few pickles. On the morning of the weigh-in, don't go to the bathroom, drink water and eat as much as you can to maximize the amount of food/liquid weight in your system. Right before you go to weigh in, drink another pint of water - that's good for an extra pound right there. Voila, you should be as bloated and retaining as much water as possible.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Also--if you are weighing in public and not having to strip down--wear as heavy of clothes as possible--jeans, flannel, wool socks...
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to skip diuretics (caffeine, alcohol) from here on in. Good luck.
  • VividDawn
    VividDawn Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That's hard on your body, you know. I personally don't think that ANY competition or prize is worth damaging your health for...even if it's "just this one time".

And you regularly eat 5k sodium anyway? Unless you have naturally dangerously low BP, that's definitely not good for your health. I'm not supposed to be over 2k because of heart failure, but if I don't get at least 1800 I get woozy because my BP is naturally low (100/60 standing up, goes down to 85/35 when I sleep)
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @Lizarking So how did it go?? What'd you do and how much water did you retain? Just curious
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Having to do it today instead, up about 5lbs since Friday.
    Plus I'll quaff about 2-3lbs of water just before weigh in.

I'm not worried about high sodium. I regularly eat high sodium and have perfect levels in the blood.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »

Any suggestions?

My guess was that it was for the start of a weight loss contest. Make the initial weigh-in as high as possible to maximize the difference.

That was my other "big" thought, but I'm hoping not.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It is for a weight loss contest. I have to fluff up enough to compete with the 2 cheaters that always win. This one MF is maybe 30lbs overweight, but loses 40-50lbs every contest.

Today I had a pound of cinnamon rolls and panda express for breakfast. right now I'm working on a double steak burrito from chipotle.

Tomorrow... ketogenic diet.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    It is for a weight loss contest. I have to fluff up enough to compete with the 2 cheaters that always win. This one MF is maybe 30lbs overweight, but loses 40-50lbs every contest.

Today I had a pound of cinnamon rolls and panda express for breakfast. right now I'm working on a double steak burrito from chipotle.

Tomorrow... ketogenic diet.

You are eating a *kitten* ton of calories which is actually adding fat (and water)...I would go with a super high sodium intake the day before a weigh in tons of water and carbs. Boullion cubes are your friend