300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    WOW! I am so impressed. Thank you!
  • Diotima73
    Options
    Baby, you are a superhero!
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good to see a fellow Omahan on here.
  • tiffymo
    tiffymo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BUMP Wow you should feel like a superhero. You have really inspired me. I've always wanted to run but every time I run I just feel so heavy. Thanks for the inspiration.You ROCK!!! :smile:
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    internet-high-five-place-hand-here-480x444.jpg

That is AWESOME!!!

This! You rock! Congrats. I was well over 200 lbs when I started running and it only gets easier. You are an inspiration!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Because you are a hero! Great job!
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm crying tears of joy for you. Congratulations. You are an inspiration. Beautiful in every sense of the word.
  • Raivynsblood
    Raivynsblood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Wow! :happy: We're near the same size...and I can WALK over 3 miles, but gosh, I don't know if I could run it. But perhaps I shouldn't say can't, right? :wink: Could I add you as a friend??

my thoughts exactly.
  • FlemishFairy
    FlemishFairy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome girl! Great inspiration!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I admire you majorly right now. I'm 270, about to do my first anything in September with a mud run. I hope I can do as good as you did, I'm not looking to win, I'm looking to keep pace, and finish. That's it. Way to show the world! Congrats on your run, and hope you keep on achieving!
  • jcarnes66
    jcarnes66 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to run, but my doctor has told me not to run until I get at least 30 lbs off because if I start now it will tear my knees up (no previous knee injuries). This makes me think "why not!" Good job!

Excuse me for saying so but you need to find another doctor. To say that running 'tears your knees up' is just plain horrible misinformation. Running INCORRECTLY can certainly damage your knees and/or hips. After 3 knee surgeries, I was informed that I need to have a total knee replacement of my right knee. I've been running since March of this year and it has helped me go from 290 lbs to (currently) 206. I dealt with knee pain on a daily basis simply from walking around carrying so much extra weight. Since I've started running, I experience MUCH less pain that I did before - and that was with an already destroyed knee!

Anyway, I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in (especially since you said you don't have a history of prior knee injury).
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME!!!
    TOTALLY!! :drinker: Did you walk any parts of it, or run the whole thing? I can't imagine me doing that... yet.
  • LuckyCheryl
    LuckyCheryl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You are a great inspiration - I am about to run my first 5k in October. Congrats on your achievements!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME!!!

This! You rock! Congrats. I was well over 200 lbs when I started running and it only gets easier. You are an inspiration!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! I started running at about 300 lbs myself & got hooked because of that superhero feeling. Best post ever. Congrats!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie. I got a bit teary reading your post.

Congratulations on overcoming the physical challenges. And Congratulations on overcoming the emotional challenges as well!
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    SUPERGIRL... you are truly an inspiration. Im training for a 5K and am in the 230's and keep asking myself if Im sure I dont want to wait til Im lighter. Is it reasonable for me to undertake this at such a heavy weight. Jogging makes me feel like Im in the BIGGEST lard *kitten* ini the world and im lugging it all behind at snail's pace.. Many times I've considered quitting but like you I kept thinking... you can totaly do this.. and when, not if you do you will feel INCREDIBLE for it. KUDOS for you for repp'n the big girls at the 5K and making us so proud! I cant wait to join your circle of honor! KEEP up the good work and you have accomplished so much!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    well done. It's a great feeling, isn't it? Who cares if it's slow, you *did* it. I know how much of a sense of achievement and competence I've always derived from running. It really helps restore trust in your body.

Keep on running, as the song says. :-)
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • sfphelan
    sfphelan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love this!! wtg girl. ur awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!