300 lbs and ran my 2nd 5K. I feel like a superhero! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    congrats lady! that's awesome :)
  • aylawill
    aylawill Posts: 65
    Options
    Way to go, girl! That is awesome!
  • educatyion
    educatyion Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    PROUD of you! Congrats and bask in that memory!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I cried because I didn't think I could do what I'd just done for the second time and how much of my life I spent thinking about things I couldn't do. It's such a waste of time and energy. I'm so tired of thinking my weight holds me back. It doesn't.

I mean, here's proof! This is a 300 lb girl who ran 3.10 miles! Say it can't happen!! I dare you!

Girl, your post just made me chock up. Calling you a hero would be an understatement. Total inspiration. You are beautiful inside and out. Looking forward reading your next 5K post (may be 10K?)
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome, great job
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing!!! Congratulations! I'm also over 330lbs but I just love to workout and hope to soon be able to move up from power walking to at least jogging on solid ground.

Thanks for being such an inspiration to myself and others just like me!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I was at the Glow Run last night, too. It was sooo much fun. I'm glad you got to experience it. This is just the beginning for you!! Sending a big hug your way!
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yay! Fantastic job!!! I'm a recent C25K grad and discovered I love running! I've signed up for as many races as I could this summer. It's such an amazing feeling to cross that finish line! Congrats and keep up the awesome work! :)
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I <3 this!!! What a fantastic story. Thank you so much for sharing it. You are an inspiration.
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I cried (and dry heaved) a lot at the end of my first race. I was 270 lbs when I ran it and never ran before c25K in my life. Congratulations!
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So inspirational!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go, High five, Awesome..I can't think of enough great things to say to express how amazing and motivational this is!!! I only hope I can accomplish the same thing! Keep moving girl, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You go GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I cried (and dry heaved) a lot at the end of my first race. I was 270 lbs when I ran it and never ran before c25K in my life. Congratulations!

I dry heaved at the end of my first one too. It felt like a right of passage :-)
  • starcyndycyn
    Options
    awesome!!!!!!!!!
  • bigdaddystephen
    bigdaddystephen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am going to look into 5Ks right now. Thank you!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    you're amazing <3
  • laneydawn
    Options
    Good for you girlie! You are so right - who says running is only for the "skinny" folk. Keep it up. You are an inspiration - and don't let anyone tell you different!
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK! So inspiring, I was crying along as I read your story!

I did,too. and I'm a bad-*kitten* guy.

You guys made me tear up again !! Thank you so much.
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Such an accomplishment! Congratulations! YOU are a RUNNER!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!