Walked 55 mins. on Wednesday

GO TEAM GREEN we can do this !!

July 4 - 172.2 Red, White & Blue Challenge
    July 11 - 175.8 vacation week - Sailing, biking, walking
    July 14 - 172.3 Jimmy Buffet concert - Sailing over
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    did i miss the names of ysamatar (?) i think that is the only member i dont have....help please :)
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Shirley1 – congrats on the 3.5 lb loss!!! Sounds you’re going to have a great weekend, too!

BifDiehl & NewImproved2011 - Early Happy Birthday Wishes to you BOTH!

I’m really enjoying collecting all these new healthy recipes…thanks for sharing them with us!

I'm down, too!
    Go TEAM RED!
    Starting Weight: 217.8
    Goal Weight: 208.8
    7/01: 217.8
    7/07: 214.4
    7/14: 211.8
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/04:
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/04:
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jill!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Natalie. Have a wonderful day!!!!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    To the birthday girls -- Happy happy happy birthdays! I hope you both have the perfect day and an amazing year to come.

I'm loving these healthy recipes. Another great healthy/weight loss inspired blog I LOVE is http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/. I've been reading it for a long time. The author, Andie, lost 135 pounds on her own and blogs about all sorts of things that are extremely relevant and captivate me. Recipes, physical/emotional/spiritual health, reflections on losing that much weight, etc. She's amazing and I adore her. Anyway, you really ought to check her out.

So for my healthy recipe, some zucchini carrot muffins. I know it's summer and spice muffins probably aren't something you're super interested in right now, but these babies are amazing. I made them for the first time tonight, and heating up the oven (something I rarely do in the summer) was TOTALLY worth it. Spread some butter (or smart balance spread, or spray butter, whatever) on these puppies and oh man. To. Die. For. Plus, zucchinis are SO cheap in the summer!

Zucchini Carrot Muffins
    makes 50 mini muffins or about 15 regular muffins

1 cup sugar (I used 1 cup of splenda, which is what the calorie info is based on)
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons apple sauce
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 eggs
    2 cups grated zucchini
    2 cups grated carrots
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 cup all purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoons nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray mini muffin pan (or full-size muffin pan) with Pam
    Whisk together the sugar, oil, salt, and egg, stir in the zucchini & carrots
    Whisk together flours, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg, then add to the batter.
    Fill prepared muffin cups about 2/3 to 3/4 full. Let the muffins rest for a couple minutes before placing them into the oven.
    Bake the muffins until the edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 10-12 minutes for mini muffins, 20-25 minutes for regular-sized muffins.

Calorie info for 1 mini muffin: 27 calories; 1g saturated fat, 7mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 30mg potassium, 4g total carbs, 1g dietary fiber, 1g protein
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm up to 176 but i ate restaurant food thurs and fri nights....i'm gonna see what my sister's scale says monday and then report for the week then....hope everyone is having a great weekend...we are flying to maine at 6 tonight for 13 days....i'll have access to MFP thru my iphone and my ipad so ill still be around, just not as much....gooooooo purple team....
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated birthdays Bif and New~~ I was traveling...sorry:)
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Hopefully everyone is having a great week! Happy belated birthday to Natalie and Charmaine! So this week I haven't tried a new recipe since the hubby hasn't been home and there's just no use to cook for me and my kids. They'd rather just eat raw and call it good. I will be sure to do it on Monday. I love trying new things!

I weighed myself today

Yay! I made it into the 180s where I haven't' been in years. I am so happy about it! I cook but it was hard for me to find a recipe because I don't usually measure when I cook and if I follow a recipe, I usually add and subtract things. Here's one that I love.

Black Bean Enchiladas:

3/4 lb chicken breast cut into strips
    2 cloves garlic
    1 large bell pepper
    1/2 cup green onions sliced
    1 1/2 cup salsa or picante sauce (homemade pico is awesome with this)
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 can black beans drained and rinsed
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
    12 flour tortillas
    The original recipe also calls for 6 strips bacon but this adds extra calories so I omit them.

Brown the chicken with the garlic and peppers. Stir in salsa, onions, beans, and seasonings. Spoon about 1/4 cup of mixture in tortilla sprinkle with cheese, roll up and put in a pan with the seam side down. Repeat until no more tortillas left. Top with remaining cheese and extra salsa. Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 15 min.

Everyone in my house loved these including my kids. The calories vary depending on your cheese and tortillas but they were less than 300 calories each for us.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Just realized I haven't posted a recipe for the challenge this week and I leave for vacation in morning. So here's one of my favorites (it's high in sodium though...)

Heat oven to 350

Chicken breasts
    Philadelphia Cooking Creme (I've used the Original and Santa Fe Blend)
    Salsa
    Shredded Cheese (pick your favorite)

Place Thawed chicken breast in pan, spread about 1 tablespoon of Philadelphia Cooking creme on each breast. Pour 1 - 2 tablespoons of favorite salsa over each breast. Cover with 1/4 cup cheese for each breast. Cook about 30 minutes - I usually check temperature with meat thermometer, and timing also differs based on thickness of breast.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My cooking is fairly limited. My husband is a picky eater so I make him cook. :drinker:
    So this is my lazy recipe....basicaly a chicken stir fry

3 chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 bag of frozen mixed veggies (lots of different varietys) If it is a small bag use 2.
    salt to taste

Cook chicken in frying pan on medium heat until no longer pink. Add frozen veggies and cover. Usually takes 10 -15 minutes for the veggies to cook. stiring often. Add salt to taste, (or any other seasoning that sounds good.)

My husband puts this on rice, I eat it the way it is.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ::: Go Orange Team:::

Just punched out 449 cal burn on my cardio boxing workout after my usual 16 hr day.
    Come on Orange team... BRING IT!! :happy:
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    7/4 159.8
    7/10 157.8 !!!! WOO HOOO!!!
    7/17 157.2

Not bad, as I have been down all week with my back, yet again. Gotten so bad that this time I am going to my primary tomorrow to see if he can recommend anything.

GO TEAM PURPLE!
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    Denise,

Thanks for setting up the teams and all your hard work. :happy:

Going away for the weekend so I am going to give my
    numbers now. Started new challenge not eating between meals.:tongue:
    I am on Day 4 today. :bigsmile:

Walked 55 mins. on Wednesday

GO TEAM GREEN we can do this !!

July 4 - 172.2 Red, White & Blue Challenge
    July 11 - 175.8 vacation week - Sailing, biking, walking
    July 14 - 172.3 Jimmy Buffet concert - Sailing over

You had a 3.5 lb weight loss!!!! Yay!!! Awesome job! GO GREEN!!!!
  • Sho_Rowell
    Sho_Rowell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    185 again... But that's fine, cus I was up to 187 earlier this week.
    Wtg, Jklm! Ur rockin it, girl!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    did i miss the names of ysamatar (?) i think that is the only member i dont have....help please :)

Denise,

You didn't miss me, I was on the chart. Thanks
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Starting Weight: 222
    Goal Weight: 207

7/01: 222.0
    7/10: 221.8
    7/18: 221.4
    7/25:
    8/01:
    8/08: mini goal: 210
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/29:
    9/05: GOAL 207

Not liking my scale today - I figured with all the work I did in cutting grass, cleaning house, packing, laundry, up and down the steps loading the car, that I would lose something more - not the case - Hoping that by being mindful of what I'm eating, while on a very active vacation for a few days, that I will see a large loss next week - we will wait and see (today I have 1,000 extra calories, and that's after 1/2 of a desert and a frozen margarita!).

Let's go blue team!!!!!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    GOOOO PURPLE

SW....196.1
    7/11....Carry over Vacation
    7/18.....197.1 Sorry ladies +1

I was up 3lbs from vacations, I manged to lose 2 lbs of those. Just means next week I have to have a great number. Hope everyone had a good week.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options

Denise,

You didn't miss me, I was on the chart. Thanks

She means your first name if you wanted to share!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    7/04: 176.2
    7/11: 174.6
    7/18: 173
    7/25:
    8/01:
    8/08: mid point goal 165
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/29: