TELL ME ABOUT YOU

Options
ckidd44
ckidd44 Posts: 9 Member
I am 31 and I am the biggest I have ever been. I need some help keeping on track with my goals. Please tell me about you and how you keep weight off or what you're doing to keep it off

Replies

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat. Even when I don't want to.

Often I prelog. It makes things easier and if something is going to put me over I can adjust.

I accept that I'm going to have bad days, weight loss is a slow process, and I'm going to have to be consistent.

I plan meals I enjoy. Eating stuff I dislike everyday for every meal is the quickest way to make me give up.

Lastly, I weigh myself regularly and track it in a weight trending app so I can get the overall picture of what's going on that way I don't get discouraged by water weight or natural fluctuations.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I am getting older and too comfortable with myself to push too hard anymore. I do well to maintain a good level of fitness overall, but haven't had that spark to get me to the level I want in my mind or to help with my sport. I do keep it in my mind though, and I do have a notion to get there some day, but I don't beat myself up anymore when I don't. So long as I don't completely slip back to the unhealthy start I was years ago...physically and mentally.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Scorpio. A lady never tells her age. Like long walks on the beach, romance novels, sparkling ciders and autoerotic asphyxiation.

How many calories does this burn?
  • _RNR_
    _RNR_ Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    tumblr_nwt8ugbrxK1u44gfjo1_250.gif
  • henk_nbg
    henk_nbg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just log EVERY LITLLE THING you eat and if you are a fulltime couch potato it might be a good idea to move a little more. These round about 10000 steps (walking) a day thing is possibly a good start and does not crush your joints that much than running if you are lightly overweight.
    ...autoerotic asphyxiation.

THIS is really good to know! Tell us more... ;-)

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I'm ancient, I'm 43, I'll say it part if accepting is admitting. I tend to be a bit hyper active at times so that's how I keep my.weight in check. I like candy and chocolate and caffeine.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I'm ancient, I'm 43, I'll say it part if accepting is admitting. I tend to be a bit hyper active at times so that's how I keep my.weight in check. I like candy and chocolate and caffeine.

Oh, 43 is ancient.
  • synchkat
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »

Oh, 43 is ancient.

I know right.
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was a fat for a premie, 6lbs, and also a fat baby -- I wore 18 month old clothing at 12 months old haha bc according to my mom, she kept on feeding me. But I was really scrawny growing up, always 15 - 20 lbs underweight because I was a marathon runner, on the T&F and swim team in high school, and never really enjoyed eating.
    In short, eat less and exercise more, but not to an extreme. It's really as simple as just burning more calories than you're eating and you're gonna lose weight! And make sure you accurately keep track, a handful of candy here and a bite of chocolate there will add up.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    OP I am getting into the old as dirt age group. I just log my calories and exercise! I found something I enjoyed doing and I just keep doing it.
  • jnichel
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    OP I am getting into the old as dirt age group. I just log my calories and exercise! I found something I enjoyed doing and I just keep doing it.

43?
  • synchkat
    Options

43?

Thanks ancient. Older than dirt is like 41
  • jnichel
    Options

43?

Thanks ancient. Older than dirt is like 41

You kids and your new math.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

43?

Nope higher, much..
  • jnichel
    Options

43?

Nope higher, much..

29?
  • synchkat
    Options

43?

Nope higher, much..

I don't care if you're 80, that new profile pic is HOT!!!!!

Omg yes!!!