Options
2»

Replies

• kaimemo
    kaimemo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Flybeetle wrote: »
    @kaimemo:
    Yes, when I first started I felt weak and queasy quite a bit, and I do now when I fast longer than 16/8. It's just my body adjusting from my usually routine, it seems. Then after a few days I'm fine. Good luck, I hope you'll enjoy IF as much as I do!

I couldn't take it. I tried for 4 days and the queasy feeling wouldn't go away. I also couldn't get my feeding window/fasting window to work with my work schedule. I may give it another shot but not now.

Thanks for your feedback.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cheat day on Sat but am back on it Sunday. I will gain a couple lbs of food weight but in 2 or 3 days will be back to where started from and lose for the rest of the week.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    kaimemo wrote: »
    Flybeetle wrote: »
    @kaimemo:
    Yes, when I first started I felt weak and queasy quite a bit, and I do now when I fast longer than 16/8. It's just my body adjusting from my usually routine, it seems. Then after a few days I'm fine. Good luck, I hope you'll enjoy IF as much as I do!

I couldn't take it. I tried for 4 days and the queasy feeling wouldn't go away. I also couldn't get my feeding window/fasting window to work with my work schedule. I may give it another shot but not now.

Thanks for your feedback.

It doesn't work for everyone. Some people are better suited to eating more regular meals. It seems like you're one of them. The main advantage to IF for the people who practice it is that it helps us control our appetites/food intake. It wasn't of any benefit to you, so no sense in you doing it.

To the OP, as others have already said, there's no problem going outside your window every now and then.
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I usually do 16:8 but over Christmas and New year's I didn't do anything because we were on other people's schedules. We came back and jumped right back into 16:8 without issues. So if we can walk away for several weeks and come back without skipping a beat, you'll be fine.
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of 16/8 fasting and absolutely loving it. Can't believe I never came across this earlier. It's helped me so much with stopping me snacking and eating for the sake of it late at night and I feel better already. Good luck to you all on your journeys.