Question about Water

Options
HokieBrad
HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
What are your thoughts on using the water packets for flavor.

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Water is still water. People count tea and coffee as water (not me personally, but I've heard of others doing it on MFP)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    HokieBrad wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on using the water packets for flavor.

If you like them, use them; if you don't like them, don't use them. There's nothing harmful about them, they're zero calories and you're still getting the hydration benefits of drinking the water whether it's flavored or not.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Whatever helps you stay well hydrated is fine in my books. If you need a touch of flavoring, go for it
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,345 Member
    Options
    I drink herbal tea with no sugar, I add a little to my water, or lemon
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...I personally count my coffee as part of my meal. Cutting out soda is huge for me and I just need some flavor in water
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I often add unsweetened cranberry juice to my water, makes a nice change from plain old water sometimes.

I do not count my coffee and tea as water.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I use the packets daily. I usually stick with plain water throughout the day, but at night I will mix in a little flavor. I get that you need some flavor in your liquid. Since it's now the weekend, maybe I'll try a little Whiskey in my water?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    shadowloss wrote: »
    I use the packets daily. I usually stick with plain water throughout the day, but at night I will mix in a little flavor. I get that you need some flavor in your liquid. Since it's now the weekend, maybe I'll try a little Whiskey in my water?

now why would you violate a perfectly good whiskey like that lololol

and OP yeah its fine. thats how i started to drink my water. i eventually cut back to get it to plain water, but its fine