type 2 diabetes friends wanted

Options
trevorw52
trevorw52 Posts: 48 Member
looking for friends on here with type 2 diabetes on here who are looking to lose weight and give each other support and to keep the diebetes under control

Replies

• bluesmanhart6679
    bluesmanhart6679 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey Trevor. Not type 2, but my father was. I want you to achieve your goals so that you can have the long life that he did not. You can do it man!
  • crazycat1977
    crazycat1977 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a type 2
  • PumpkinSage
    PumpkinSage Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm right on the borderline and want to get it under control. I'm 57, 80 lbs overweight, and sit all day at work. What are you doing to change?
  • madfoot
    madfoot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed and did my first diabetes education class. I'm freakin' stressed OUT. So yes!
  • madfoot
    Options
    And also not just to lose weight but to keep track of which foods spike our blood sugars. And just getting used to this. And working out!
  • madfoot
    Options
    you may have lost weight, but you could still have high cholesterol. Your body needs some carbs to survive and you have to be very clear on what fats you are taking in.
  • mdlady65
    mdlady65 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My bloodwork has been beautiful, across the board. Technically, you don't need carbs to survive. I do manage to get some in and that's because I enjoy green veggies. And yes, only the healthy fats are used.
  • rks581
    rks581 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My mom was diagnosed last year and she was devastated by it. Her diet wasn't great -- lots of ice cream and unhealthy snacks. She monitored her blood sugar diligently and, thanks to some lifestyle changes and medications, she eventually beat her Type 2 diabetes. (I don't have it, though it does run in the family and I'm trying to be sure I don't have to face it myself.)

So for all of you out there who are Type 2, just keep working on monitoring your condition and work with your doctor to keep it under control. Please know if you make some healthy changes you can have a great quality of life and perhaps even, like my mom, you may even beat Type 2 diabetes!
  • gidget_05
    gidget_05 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    trevorw52 wrote: »
    looking for friends on here with type 2 diabetes on here who are looking to lose weight and give each other support and to keep the diebetes under control

I am Type 2 been dealing with this for over four years. I can't get it under control :(..I did good when I first got diagnosed. I counted carbs tried to walk. I did that for about six months then I got bored .. Add me if you want
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    gidget_05 wrote: »
    trevorw52 wrote: »

I am Type 2 been dealing with this for over four years. I can't get it under control :(..I did good when I first got diagnosed. I counted carbs tried to walk. I did that for about six months then I got bored .. Add me if you want

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1772-type-2-diabetes-support-group Great group of ppl to check out if you're T2 and looking to get healthier, stay motivated and be supportive with other members of MFP! :smiley:@gidget_05 Group support might be helpful to get things back down and under control, I know for me when I've got others around me dealing with the same thing it h elps me feel I'm not alone in life dealing with things.
  • KalanaTira
    KalanaTira Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm type 1 but I still am here to talk if you want.
  • Kittany
    Kittany Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm type 2 as well. I was formally diagnosed in Dec 2015. Since then I've lost about 50lbs. Regained. Relost. Etc. I have a hard time with sticking to things. I also battle depression so I yo-yo. I am also seeking supportive friends who can help me stay accountable. I have 3 kids, love video games, love to paint, work full time and live in Florida. I really don't have an excuse not to exercise Year round outdoors >< other than the obscene rain we get lol. :D
  • amyfrogred
    amyfrogred Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    madfoot wrote: »
    I was just diagnosed and did my first diabetes education class. I'm freakin' stressed OUT. So yes!

Type 1 or 2?
  • amyfrogred
    amyfrogred Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm a type 2

I'm a type 2 diabetic... I'm in need of support.