Tired of tasteless chicken!

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate mine in lemon juice, garlic, rosemary and white wine. So tasty on a whole wheat roll with caramelized onions. YUM!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with marinades...this is what I do:

I make the chicken like normal..no spices or anything; then I dice it up or shred it and put it in a frying pan (with either a little EVOO or some pam so it doesnt stick)...for every 2 oz of chicken, I add 1 TBSP of a marinade...(yesterday was KC masterpiece Buffalo and the chicken tasted JUST LIKE BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS!) and kind of sear it in the pan..its already cooked, I just like the marinade to really flavor the chicken...they have low sodium marinades and low sugar BBQ sauces that you could try...my whole family enjoys this..and its so versatile..you can make sandwiches, fajitas, eat it plain, use it in salad, anything really...and chicken doesnt have to taste the same two nights in a row! I can bake 4 breasts and use 2 one night and then put the other two in the fridge..then that cuts down the cooking time the following night! It's a WIN WIN!!!
  • HarmonyNLife
    HarmonyNLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    These are some great ways to season chicken. I will definitely try these.
  • kaleigh787
    kaleigh787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Glad I checked this out before heading to the grocery!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    crock pot! cook my weeks worth of ckn ahead of time in the crock pot

use ckn broth (low sodium)
    diced/ puree tomatoes
    salsa
    dressings/ marinades

and cook on high for 4 hrs or low for 6hrs

it fall apart n moist n flavorful!
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    grilled margrita chicken with an avocado salad only 255 cals per serving

grilled pineapple chicken only 230 cals per serving

if u want either receipe message me
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    We marinade our chicken in lemon and orange juice with chopped red onion, garlic and cilantro. Marinade overnight for more flavorful chicken. :o)
  • CajunApril
    CajunApril Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Check out the recipe I just posted for Raita Sauce with Beef. I think it would be a great sauce on chicken as well. Maybe it will be something for you.
  • sms9497
    sms9497 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • DaisyAguilar4
    Options
    bump