Shorties like me under 5'5 positive vibes only!

Trying to lose at least 50 pounds. By being short it seems like it's much easier to gain weight. I'm like a yoyo, my weight goes up and down. I have a hard time losing weight and keeping it off. I am a chef and sometimes it's hard to eat healthy. I am taking baby steps to change ingredients in my favorite dishes to make them more healthy. I'm looking for women around my size for tips and motivation!

Replies

• jenniferj0417
    jenniferj0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Great! I'm adding you now!
  • jenniferj0417
    Exactly! Great! Adding you now.
  • jenniferj0417
    alarmed123 wrote: »
    I'm short as hell lol 5'1 and have to lose about 50lbs. Taller people carry the weight better, at my weight, a tall person would actually look good lol add me if you'd like. I'm always open to add new friends with goals.
    I tried to add you but there wasn't an add button on your page. Please add me
  • borntowin4me
    borntowin4me Posts: 178 Member
    I'm 5'4". I'd like to lose around 30 lbs and I'd like to stick with it this time. So please feel free to add me!
  • jenniferj0417

I'm 5'4" and also an endomorph body type so I know the feeling!! Every pound gained or lost for us looks like 5 pounds would on someone taller, and it seems to go on so easily but take forever to lose!

I will say that one thing that really helped cut calories for me was to decrease my use of fats in cooking- using 1/4 tablespoon of butter when I used to use 1 or 2... using spray oil instead of pouring in a glug or two of olive oil from the bottle... etc. You can even get the good oils in spray form now- olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil! I also steam or water sauté or roast/bake most of my veggies now. Remember butter and oils are about 120 calories per tablespoon so the calories can add up FAST!! And I know how much chefs like to bring out the flavor of food using fat.

Those are some great tips! I will definitely start with that. Yes chefs love their fats but there are plenty of other ways to bring out the flavor in food.
  • jenniferj0417
    slefko wrote: »
    I'm 4'11 and hoping to lose between 50-70ish pounds, yuck. Definitely need to get back on track, and I wish everyone good luck on their journeys!
    Thank you! I feel the same way! It's definitely time to get back on track! I wish you much success!
  • jenniferj0417
    TAKCEGM wrote: »
    I'm a little guy! 5'2". Lost roughly 25 pounds - looking to lose another 10-15. Then start focusing on more and more strength to gain muscle. Right now, gym 5x a week, combining both strength and cardio! You can do it! Anyone can add me if they wish!

That's great! Congrats on your 25 pound loss so far! That's very motivational! I will definitely add you for some extra encouragement! Thank you!
  • jenniferj0417
    Looking for motivational friends also.....I'm 5" and am probably older than most of you .....do it now ....the older I got the harder it became to lose......good luck to all of you...it feels so good to slip into those pants without struggle....

We can be motivation for each other! I know it's a struggle but we will get it done! I wish you much success!
  • jenniferj0417
    5'2 here, need to lose 25 lbs. just started my journey, it's going to be hard but I can do it! :)

Yes you can and you will!!!!
  • halfpintdeb
    halfpintdeb Posts: 1 Member
    I am 4'11 and it is really hard to take and keep it off. On 1200 calories healthy eating a day I am barely losing at this point. Yo yo dieting has really ruined me lol.
  • jenniferj0417
    I am 4'11 and it is really hard to take and keep it off. On 1200 calories healthy eating a day I am barely losing at this point. Yo yo dieting has really ruined me lol.

Trust me I know the feeling. It seems like the shorter you are the harder it is. But with hard work and dedication we can do this. At one point I was so overwhelmed I just wanted to give up. But we can't we can and we will achieve our goals!