Inverse cheat ratio

Options

Replies

• thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    JoyMaillet wrote: »
    OP, give it a rest.

Don't you have some positive cause you could expend some of that energy on?

Let me think...nope!

So helping the poor, advocating for the homeless, working for equal rights, helping tutor some kids, cleaning up a neighborhood, adopting a highway, telling everyone to have a wonderful day online ---

None of these options are more preferable to you?
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    So if I was to go on social media and trash everyone that means I really care right?

You all suck, and I'm making sure the whole world knows about it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    JoyMaillet wrote: »
    Anyone else ever notice that the more people brag and gush about their significant other on Facebook and social media, the less likely they are to be faithful in real life?
    Subjective. Maybe when you're younger, but as you age and say nice things about your SO, it's likely true. Older people don't have no time to waste staying with someone they don't really want to be with.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    I've noticed more single, bitter people trying to make sly comments about other people's relationships than anything else.[/

Most of the married people here are flirting with others. And us single people find it amusing..as the ones who rave the most about their wonderful spouses are secretly messaging and hooking up. I'm not going to judge this as right or wrong. People have their reasons and monogamy is not a natural or happy state for most people anyway. It was simply an observation. I think it's a legit one. You may not. I'm fine with that.
  • ElevatedBeast
    ElevatedBeast Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You're right, Joy. There's quite a bit of cognitive dissonance on MFP.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Anyone else ever notice that the more people brag and gush about their significant other on Facebook and social media, the less likely they are to be faithful in real life?

201504_1433_fgdgh.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    stephmph16 wrote: »
    This seems more like a dig at particular MFP members here, as you observe that some of them are married but "flirting", so you've made the assumption they're also PMing and "hooking up". I'm not sure how or why you think you know this, or frankly, why you care.

Good call. She got that passive-aggressive for the win.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    stephmph16 wrote: »

There are some people who gush about their SOs, but how am I to know whether or not they're cheaters? I've never really cared enough to put a lot of thought into this.

This seems more like a dig at particular MFP members here, as you observe that some of them are married but "flirting", so you've made the assumption they're also PMing and "hooking up". I'm not sure how or why you think you know this, or frankly, why you care.

Great post.

.... what are you wearing?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I think maybe, just maybe, some people take this too seriously. I know I am not the only one who posts a whole lot of sarcasm and silliness here in Chit Chat because sometimes trying to reach goals sucks. It is nice to be able to laugh. And from what I see the girls flirt with the girls and the guys flirt with the guys just as much as they "flirt" with the opposite sex. People are just being goofy and trying to have a good time.

Right?

.... it's all just fun and games.

That is, until underwear gets shipped FedEx.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I think maybe, just maybe, some people take this too seriously. I know I am not the only one who posts a whole lot of sarcasm and silliness here in Chit Chat because sometimes trying to reach goals sucks. It is nice to be able to laugh. And from what I see the girls flirt with the girls and the guys flirt with the guys just as much as they "flirt" with the opposite sex. People are just being goofy and trying to have a good time.

Right?

So you got my package

Yes, it arrived a day early.

Thank you.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Right?

So you got my package

Thank you.

Uh oh. Hope that didn't make your wife mad

How would I know?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    This thread confuses me. How do I find out if the people are cheating that post a lot on facebook?
  • benwould
    benwould Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Right?

So you got my package

Thank you.

Uh oh. Hope that didn't make your wife mad

How would I know?

Id ask her to find out.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    This thread confuses me. How do I find out if the people are cheating that post a lot on facebook?

The over posting is how you know.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options

I've been faithful to my wife since the first day I laid eyes on her. 27 Years ago.

I've bragged on her many times in here.

People tend to make suppositions based on their own past experiences, which would lead me to say you have not been so lucky meeting the perfect mate. I'm sorry.
  • benwould
    benwould Posts: 190 Member
    Options

There's an app for that
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    benwould wrote: »

There's an app for that

oyx27iyzkfat.jpg