Is eating 5000 calories per day doable

Options

Replies

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    BHFF wrote: »
    Again this is a bodybuilding forum. Whats wrong with sugar??? Do you really want me to list the unhealthy reasons why we should all be avoiding sugar?

Ruh roh.
  • BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Shes eating sugar pre-workout I am not sure why. Post workout she eats sugar because SOME research has shown that sugar post workout is actually beneficial to your muscles. Keep in mind the research that has been done on this shows that the gains you get from sugar in your post workout is so minimal many of us will never see the results from it. IF you are stepping onto stage in a bodybuilding competition or fitness competition and want EVERY little edge you can get then perhaps sugar POST workout may give you that slight edge. IF you want to step onto stage as a bodybuilder or if youre a woman and its a Physique show or Fitness show I would avoid sugars in your daily diet. Sugars from fruits is fine but adding sugar or eating sugary things should be avoided when possible. Again, IF stepping onto stage is your goal.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    When you say sugar is bad you mean the excessive amounts found in many things that people tend to overeat? or any sugar? cos fruits have a form of sugar, yes also fiber and vitamins and stuff, but ultimately, I try not to consume it much but if it's in say, a vegan cake I found..then I will eat some yeah, just a bit.

Another poster linked article awhile back in another thread https://muscleforlife.com/sugar-facts/
    Everyone is different. If eating sugar makes you feel awful or weak or if you have a medical condition, then obviously you do you.. but saying sugar is bad for everyone is really generalized and unnecessary. I don't know if I am considered a "bodybuilder" but I have done one very successful bulk, cut, lost pregnancy weight, now bulking again, all while eating sugar in amounts that worked well for me.

Thanks, I'll check it out :)
  • BHFF
    Options
    No one said you had to want to step onto stage. But this is a bodybuilding thread. If you want to debate sugar on another thread that is fine. But if you are someone who aspires to step onto stage I would avoid sugars as I stated above.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    TIL: carbs are not good pre-workout foods.
  • BHFF
    Options
    And Ronnie Coleman at a 2 whole pepperoni pizzas the day before he won his 6th MR. OLYMPIA and Jay Cutler use to eat candy post workout. You are talking about people who are loaded on drugs, diet pills etc. They are the 1%, you and I are not. They can get away with it, we cannot.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    We all know what "clean" food is. You are more the Rich Piana diet I am more the Kai Greene, Jay Cutler diet

TIL injectables are 'clean'
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    We all know what "clean" food is. You are more the Rich Piana diet I am more the Kai Greene, Jay Cutler diet

Do you like grapefruits?
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    TIL: carbs are not good pre-workout foods.

:( But I just finished to cook my rice owww *sad*
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Shes eating sugar pre-workout I am not sure why. Post workout she eats sugar because SOME research has shown that sugar post workout is actually beneficial to your muscles. Keep in mind the research that has been done on this shows that the gains you get from sugar in your post workout is so minimal many of us will never see the results from it. IF you are stepping onto stage in a bodybuilding competition or fitness competition and want EVERY little edge you can get then perhaps sugar POST workout may give you that slight edge. IF you want to step onto stage as a bodybuilder or if youre a woman and its a Physique show or Fitness show I would avoid sugars in your daily diet. Sugars from fruits is fine but adding sugar or eating sugary things should be avoided when possible. Again, IF stepping onto stage is your goal.

Dorian Yates ate candy leading up til and during show week, FYI.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    No one said you had to want to step onto stage. But this is a bodybuilding thread. If you want to debate sugar on another thread that is fine. But if you are someone who aspires to step onto stage I would avoid sugars as I stated above.

i was not aware that this forum was only for those that want to step on stage for a body building contest...