Replies

• hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Jan.27th Elliptical Level 10 & 7 fatburn 30mins-401
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Well, I wasn't able to work out tonight. I have a cough that is just tearing me up. So, I'm going to try again tomorrow.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I haven't been on the elliptical because I've been rollerblading and walking. Trying to change up my cardio, being that the scale doesn't want to budge :) I hope I can still post my here:flowerforyou: . I find it interesting to see the calories other people burn ,doing some of the same cardio I do ;)

1/27/09
    1 hour rollerblading = 639 calories
  • irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    i suppose i will
    * takes in air*

force myself on this thing today.

dear lord.

:)
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Ok..... I haven't been a good girl since I joined this group.....

BUT

I finally did the elliptical last night..
    I wanted to test out a different program....
    60 minutes on the weight loss setting. It was so easy that I up the program to level 5....
    I was so disappointed....
    Only 618 calories burned. :huh: :brokenheart: When I do my cardio program I burn 800+ calories.

I am going tonight and I am going to test out the "Hill interval Training"
  • hibbler22
    Options
    Weds. Jan 28th Elliptical Crosstrainer-30 mins Resistance 9 W/ intervals in ht. Calories burned 435
  • dmazza15
    dmazza15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is the best Elliptical machine I can buy for home that is not outrageously priced?
    I would love to have at home.
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    So, tonight I did 60 minutes and burned 529 calories. I did a level six on the cross ramp with a resistence of 11. I was hoping it would have been more:ohwell:
    Options
    Wednesday 28
    Elliptical level 2 crossramp anywhere from 3-9 resistence anywhere from 2-4 with cool down 45 minutes at 945 cals. But my whole work out was 2 hours and I burned 1895 cals.
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    :smile: hey everyone, the pre-programmed workouts on the machines in my gym are great, I also find that its easier to workout for longer if you spend a third of the time in reverse mode x
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'll join you! I'm mostly running on the TM today, but I'm bumping the thread so I can find it again.
  • hibbler22
    Options
    Thursday Jan.29th Elliptical Crosstrainer, Resistance 9 & 5 Interval 60 mins=845 Calories
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Glad to see everyone gets high cal burns on this I thought my hrm was messed up when it was saying around 900-1000 for a 45-60 min workout. Keep up the GREAT WORK!
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    This is my 20 min. of cardio every workout (just started working out last Tuesday, so 6 times so far). 20 min. at Level 5 with a brisk pace was 280 calories burned.
  • ckroys
    Options
    My cals burned aren't that high. I weigh 188 - but I'm only on for 20 min. before I go to weight circuit training.
  • ckroys
    Options
    So, tonight I did 60 minutes and burned 529 calories. I did a level six on the cross ramp with a resistence of 11. I was hoping it would have been more:ohwell:

Your numbers look like mine (20 minutes at level 5 was 280 calories). :wink:
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Do you use the cals burned from the machine? If so, if you were to do an hour you'd have 840 cals burned, which is still way more than me. I just can't figure out why I don't burn as much as other people.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I wish I had time to do that many minutes. I do 25 mins and usually burn about 330..
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    So, you're at 990 if you go an hour. How come I can't get these numbers???:frown:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    So, you're at 990 if you go an hour. How come I can't get these numbers???:frown:

what level are you on? plus the machines are wrong sometimes..you really need to use a HRM, or they may need to. also your age and weight play a huge factor..I dont get big numbers, but my bmi is in normal range...so I burn less