Your greatest feat of strength?

Options

Replies

• 2048Bit
    2048Bit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Physical strength, or internal strength?

LOL
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    To date: restraint on throat punch Thursday.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    JoshD8705 wrote: »
    My favorite feat of strength was strict shoulder pressing my friend over my head. They weighed about 150-155lbs. (Edit:added unit type)

Your friend really trusts you!
  • richardpkennedy1
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    And my new one ... no idea if it is "good" or not but I pushed 640lbs on the prowler sled tonight (just my second time pushing that thing). I was ready to collapse but I still did it. :-)

Yes - that's very good. As in, seriously? 640 added, or total? And what surface? I don't know what the Prowler weight is, but I've only been able to push - I don't remember, but it wasn't much - on a rubberized mat.

Well, I was told the sled weighs 100lbs and I had 540 lbs on it (12 45 lb plates) so my trainer marked 640. It was on kind of an astroturf strip in our gym. 30 feet long. He also said the sled feet had gotten messed up so it had lost much of its "slide" so I am hoping I can do even more when it is fixed! ;-)

Made it to 730lbs today!

Boom! Pushed 1002.5! (Threw that little plate on top to say I was over 1000. Lol) ... and it kinda sucked but I made it!

Wow. Strongest woman on mfp?
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    And my new one ... no idea if it is "good" or not but I pushed 640lbs on the prowler sled tonight (just my second time pushing that thing). I was ready to collapse but I still did it. :-)

Yes - that's very good. As in, seriously? 640 added, or total? And what surface? I don't know what the Prowler weight is, but I've only been able to push - I don't remember, but it wasn't much - on a rubberized mat.

Well, I was told the sled weighs 100lbs and I had 540 lbs on it (12 45 lb plates) so my trainer marked 640. It was on kind of an astroturf strip in our gym. 30 feet long. He also said the sled feet had gotten messed up so it had lost much of its "slide" so I am hoping I can do even more when it is fixed! ;-)

Made it to 730lbs today!

Boom! Pushed 1002.5! (Threw that little plate on top to say I was over 1000. Lol) ... and it kinda sucked but I made it!

Wow. Strongest woman on mfp?

No way! Lol - I can't deadlift or squat for crap yet and pushing the sled once at that weight knocked me out for hours! :-)
    But at least I can say I did it once!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    255 lbs x 20 on the bench this week.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    315x10 deadlift with no belt or straps just good old hook grip and chalk. Felt pretty good after that. More impressed by that than my sloppy 1rm.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Local crossfit competition, the event was: 5 power cleans @ 135, 50 double unders on the jump rope, and 15 pullups; as many rounds as possible in 8 minutes, followed by 5 minutes to hit a one rep max clean. My previous max on the clean was 185, hit 225.
  • richardpkennedy1
    Options
    255 lbs x 20 on the bench this week.

Just wow
  • Lostinblac
    Lostinblac Posts: 81 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I benched 140kg on incline bar for 1 and managed 1 on 100kg on clean and press

At 85kg bw

• Lostinblac
    Lostinblac Posts: 81 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    505 on the bench, got done, stood up, looked back at the bar and it was bending in the rack. 5X5X405 was great, 405 on incline was another. At 270 lbs BW

Power
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    You all rock. One of these days, I want to be strong like you guys.

My goal is a 200lb deadlift by the end of 2016.

50lbs to go!

I did it! Reached the 200lb deadlift in the second week of December :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

50lbs to go!

Next up: 2 plates!
  • richardpkennedy1
    Options

50lbs to go!

Wow. That's a huge achievement!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

50lbs to go!

Next up: 2 plates!

That's the next goal! I will report back when I accomplish it hehe :)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Seated military press below the ears 225x4 after 185,205 for 10. 30 reps with 225 on flat bench, 345 lbs on the incline bench. All this past month. 2017 hoping for 405 flat and 350 incline bench. Oh yeah also hit a set of 10 seated dumbell presses with 100 pounders. I think heavy pullovers and heavy tricep work has helped.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    For the lifters out there, what is the feat of strength that you are most proud of?

lame, but.... the L Hold on two plates. As a former gymnast and weight lifter, i want to be able to do more and more bodyweight holds which are considered "advanced". For example, i would love to be able to do an iron cross, but i've been told this takes in the 3-4 year range to accomplish. :)

Presuming that's like Iron X? Yeah that's a long one to master but a great aim!!

I can do a human flag, but not with feet apart.

I would say an iron cross is more difficult than an iron x as you use an unstable surface (rings which want to move right out from underneath you). Here's an awesome video of someone learning one! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd1LjYgIm_4

oh yeah, PS i can barely do anything on the rings. Because, like is said, they literally want to go right out from underneath you with everything you do.

In an iron x your body is parallel to the floor, so just slightly different. ;)