Shorties like me under 5'5 positive vibes only!

Options

Replies

• borntowin4me
    borntowin4me Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I'd like to lose around 30 lbs and I'd like to stick with it this time. So please feel free to add me!
  • jenniferj0417
    jenniferj0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

I'm 5'4" and also an endomorph body type so I know the feeling!! Every pound gained or lost for us looks like 5 pounds would on someone taller, and it seems to go on so easily but take forever to lose!

I will say that one thing that really helped cut calories for me was to decrease my use of fats in cooking- using 1/4 tablespoon of butter when I used to use 1 or 2... using spray oil instead of pouring in a glug or two of olive oil from the bottle... etc. You can even get the good oils in spray form now- olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil! I also steam or water sauté or roast/bake most of my veggies now. Remember butter and oils are about 120 calories per tablespoon so the calories can add up FAST!! And I know how much chefs like to bring out the flavor of food using fat.

Those are some great tips! I will definitely start with that. Yes chefs love their fats but there are plenty of other ways to bring out the flavor in food.
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    slefko wrote: »
    I'm 4'11 and hoping to lose between 50-70ish pounds, yuck. Definitely need to get back on track, and I wish everyone good luck on their journeys!
    Thank you! I feel the same way! It's definitely time to get back on track! I wish you much success!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    TAKCEGM wrote: »
    I'm a little guy! 5'2". Lost roughly 25 pounds - looking to lose another 10-15. Then start focusing on more and more strength to gain muscle. Right now, gym 5x a week, combining both strength and cardio! You can do it! Anyone can add me if they wish!

That's great! Congrats on your 25 pound loss so far! That's very motivational! I will definitely add you for some extra encouragement! Thank you!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    Looking for motivational friends also.....I'm 5" and am probably older than most of you .....do it now ....the older I got the harder it became to lose......good luck to all of you...it feels so good to slip into those pants without struggle....

We can be motivation for each other! I know it's a struggle but we will get it done! I wish you much success!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    5'2 here, need to lose 25 lbs. just started my journey, it's going to be hard but I can do it! :)

Yes you can and you will!!!!
  • halfpintdeb
    halfpintdeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and it is really hard to take and keep it off. On 1200 calories healthy eating a day I am barely losing at this point. Yo yo dieting has really ruined me lol.
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    I am 4'11 and it is really hard to take and keep it off. On 1200 calories healthy eating a day I am barely losing at this point. Yo yo dieting has really ruined me lol.

Trust me I know the feeling. It seems like the shorter you are the harder it is. But with hard work and dedication we can do this. At one point I was so overwhelmed I just wanted to give up. But we can't we can and we will achieve our goals!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    USAMcK wrote: »
    I'm 5'3½", which I don't consider all that short since 5'5" is average female height, but I fit your criteria!

I was about 125 in college. I got up to at 235 as my heaviest. Lost 85 lbs in 2011 (using MFP) but gained it all back in subsequent years due to bad choices. I got back up to 235 in 2014, lost a few, down to 212 last year.

So, starting weight, officially, is 212. That was 45 days ago, on November 27th, 2016. It was my 32nd birthday. I'm on a 100-day "challenge" to keep myself on track. I track my food and exercise daily but my weight once a week.

I'm down to 197.

I started a 4-day water-only fast this morning. I do short fasts intermittently, usually only one day, but I've done up to 5. I do them 2-3x/year.

My goal weight is 125-135 range.

Feel free to add me. Most people I've added have abandoned ship. New friends welcome! ;)

I was also 125 in college. 2 kids later and I blew up! Congrats on your weight loss and also for sticking to it! It can definitely get discouraging at times but I'm hoping to just be able to put that to the side and achieve my goal. I am also 5'3 but all of my friends are tall so I'm considered shortie. What is the water only fast? That sounds like something I would like to do!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    The doctor says I'm 5'4" but I've always said I was 5'5". It depends which way you round that last half inch. I've lost over 50lb since May by choosing to eat A or B rather than A and B with C for dessert. I hit my first target before Christmas and now I plan to spend 2017 drifting down to a dress size that I can easily buy clothes for. I am really liking being able to run upstairs and having no pain in my knees at night and I'm not missing the 7" off my hips at all (apart from when my underwear falls down).

Wow! That's amazing! I need to get on the A or B train! It's like if it's there I eat it. I need to learn self control as well as portion control! Congrats on your loss and much more success as you continue your weight loss journey!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    I'm 5'1! Just started back on myfitnesspal. Looking to lose 60 odd lbs. Lost 4lbs week one. Anyone feel free to add me :)
    I'm 5'1! Just started back on myfitnesspal. Looking to lose 60 odd lbs. Lost 4lbs week one. Anyone feel free
    I'm 5'1! Just started back on myfitnesspal. Looking to lose 60 odd lbs. Lost 4lbs week one. Anyone feel free to add me :)

I am also looking to lose about 60 pounds! Congrats on losing 4 pounds! We will be great motivation for each other! I wish you much success as you continue your journey!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I'm 5'3'' and I'm already at my goal weight of 121 lbs. It's taken me four months to lose 4 pounds. When you're short and don't have much to lose it definitely takes a lot longer, even when you put in the same amount of effort as the person next to you.

My maintenance cals are 1570 and the hardest thing about it isn't when I make my own food - then it's easy to stay at my goal - but when I want to go out. I definitely have to exercise more those days to stay within my allotment (or just accept that I'm going to go over and tomorrow is another day).

Wow! Congrats for getting to your goal wait! That takes a lot of hard work and commitment. Very inspiring! I always feel like my diet is ruined when I mess up so i kind of give up. I need to do exactly what you just said either work out more or accept going over and realize that tomorrow is another day. Great advice!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    mckennaCAN wrote: »
    I'm 5'1" with about 14 lb to go! You can add me if you'd like. :)

Congrats on almost achieving your goal! That takes a lot of hard work and dedication! Adding you now!
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and a little over halfway through a 40-lb weight loss goal.

SW: 165
    CW: 141.5
    GW: 120-125

Feel free to add me!