Anyone using or used Medifast?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am on nutrisystem. I guess similar to medifast? in that your meals are all planned out and proportioned. I needed that. The meals are mostly good and I am in my 38th day and have lost 16 lbs. I have just started walking around my neighborhood, frankly I couldn't walk around a short block prior to my starting and today I did a l little over 2 miles. I know when I go back to regular food I will have to be very careful . Nutrisystem has coaches and a maintenance program so when the time comes I will look into that. I have another 50 lbs to go.
  • SharpPI
    SharpPI Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well I just finished day one. I submitted my dairy on MFP and stated it would not show up in my feed because of the calories. Oh well ... I just need to get the weight off.
  • tdessert
    tdessert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HI looking for easy recipes for the lean and green self prepared meal on the 5/1 medifast program. Starting on Monday.
  • SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've used something entirely similar called Optifast several times and while the results were awesome (25-30KG (i.e 55-66lb lost within 12-14 weeks), it doesn't actually change your psychology towards food nor assist you in finding what you can make long term.

I had varying degrees of success keeping weight off post each period, the very first time I did it, I went from around 130KG to 95KG in the space of 4 months, I'd say I went back to around 105KG within the first 12 months after it, and 120KG within the next 12 months.

I did it again, went from 120KG down to 92KG (which for me, being 6'1 was very lean) and through more exercise, running and such, kept the weight off for a good four to five years although I was often using shakes as meal supplements when I saw the scale go back up. The moment I got injured and could no longer exercise, I rebounded massively and went up to 137KG which is the heaviest I've ever been.

• hcdebbie
    hcdebbie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Tdessert,
    I am just starting back on medifast. It works amazingly, but I've been overindulging lately and it's time to realign. I like to keep lean and grean really simple. I also like to split the l&g so it feels like I get to eat more. I'll have an egg or 1-egg omelet for breakfast, maybe, and then a salad with 3 ounces of chicken for dinner. Taco salad is legal. Another idea is to integrate a medifast meal into dinner - medifast mashed potatoes while the family has the real thing. I like adding some lean, seasoned taco meat to the Ziti Marinara to make it like a bigger spaghetti meal when I make the real thing for my kids. Crab legs are another favorite of mine, and shrimp. It's hard to get enough protein in with those, though, so I usually make that a 1/2 L&G meal. I hope that gives you some ideas. Good luck, please let us know how it goes!!
  • jamie0776
    jamie0776 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also looking for L&G easy recipes. Please share. Thanks!
  • worklogue
    worklogue Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey! Here's a great one!
    It's zucchini manicotti
    1kg green zucchini sliced long ways
    500g fresh ricotta cheese
    1 cup baby spinach chopped finely
    1 onion grated
    Salt and pepper to taste
    500g bolognese sauce of choice
    Shredded mixed cheese to top it.

Grill zucchini until lightly golden and set aside.
    Mix ricotta with spinach and onion and add salt and pepper.

Lay a zucchini out and add a teaspoon of the mixture and then roll. Place in a baking dish. Place them close to each other so they don't open. Once finished top with bolognese sauce and add the shredded cheese.
    Bake at 200*C for 30min or until golden
    Allow to stand for 15min before serving
  • NextLevelPlease
    NextLevelPlease Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys I am a returning Medifaster... Lost 60 ... and gained it all back within a year. I did not transition off the packets properly (As I swore I would) a car accident kept me from working out and my body needed real food to heal properly. So I am back. Need to lose the 60 again. Looking for others he really want to dig in - lose the weight and maintain the loss.
  • BanTami
    BanTami Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started back today. I have made a couple of false starts since I got off after losing 100# in 2012. I also did not transition properly and kicked off my downfall with a cruise.

If you were around the MediFast boards back then, then you know they are nothing like they used to be.