No fruits or veggies?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Do you?
  • lolakeziah
    lolakeziah Posts: 8 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    For some with medical conditions, I guess it can be healthy. For the majority of people who just read about it in some magazine, it's probably not all that healthy. It's just like any other fad in that respect.

Keto isn't exactly a fad. Its one of the oldest "diets" around used for treatment of neurological disorders orginally it has found to be successful treatment for a wide range of medical issues. Keto had gained popularity recently because it works, and word is getting out that it works.
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    I tried it for a month and lost a few kgs then I accidentally fell pregnant. I wouldn't do it again because it was really hard to shop on that diet. Too restricting especially when I hate cooking.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    People assume vegetables are healthy and needed in great quantity. Or at all. It's just an assumption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRBFiBWQZQ
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    People assume vegetables are healthy and needed in great quantity. Or at all. It's just an assumption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRBFiBWQZQ

Whaaaaat!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Yeah.... A religion that questions the current nutritional dogma. Because questioning the status quo must be avoided? LOL

I still eat veggies. I just found that video interesting because it questions if vegetables are truly healthy. Do the benefits outweigh the risks? There isn't much proof that they are a superior food to animal products.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    I live under a rock. Apparently keto is the current dieting fad and I doubt it has anything to do with health like I thought... yikes.

Quest Nutrition co-founder Tom Bilyeu concurs. “You have to have a ketogenic product line—that’s where everything is going, and rightly so—and we’re at the forefront of that,” he said to a gathering of reporters at last year’s Mr. Olympia Expo. “And we have the full complement of items ready to go: high-fat, low-calories cookies and chips that will cause the body to burn fat reserves even as they keep you satiated.”

Anthony Roberts emphasized that market imperatives, not humanitarian ideals, best explain this rapid transition toward ketogenic foods. “Remember all of those absurd fat free products of the 1990s through the 2000s? That was a multi-billion dollar industry. Now that keto dieting is big, we have another multi-billion dollar industry in the works, and a lot of vested financial interests working to keep their low/no-carb profits rolling in,” he said.

Google Users Can’t Stop Searching for the Ketogenic Diet
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    I live under a rock. Apparently keto is the current dieting fad and I doubt it has anything to do with health like I thought... yikes.

Quest Nutrition co-founder Tom Bilyeu concurs. “You have to have a ketogenic product line—that’s where everything is going, and rightly so—and we’re at the forefront of that,” he said to a gathering of reporters at last year’s Mr. Olympia Expo. “And we have the full complement of items ready to go: high-fat, low-calories cookies and chips that will cause the body to burn fat reserves even as they keep you satiated.”

Anthony Roberts emphasized that market imperatives, not humanitarian ideals, best explain this rapid transition toward ketogenic foods. “Remember all of those absurd fat free products of the 1990s through the 2000s? That was a multi-billion dollar industry. Now that keto dieting is big, we have another multi-billion dollar industry in the works, and a lot of vested financial interests working to keep their low/no-carb profits rolling in,” he said.

Google Users Can’t Stop Searching for the Ketogenic Diet

Rather eye-opening stuff, huh?