Not meeting protein requirements or calories?!

Options

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    hamshor wrote: »
    So, seems to be so hard for you people to eat natural and healthy foods. Anyway OP, always try to eat healthy, not only for your physique but for your health in general. Sure you can eat junk food occasionally, but not everyday. Bye

Here, go read this thread and try not to vapor lock over his diet: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it/p1

Looks like his results were just fine. And he's even 10 years older than you.
  • hamshor
    hamshor Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    So, seems to be so hard for you people to eat natural and healthy foods. Anyway OP, always try to eat healthy, not only for your physique but for your health in general. Sure you can eat junk food occasionally, but not everyday. Bye

Here, go read this thread and try not to vapor lock over his diet: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348650/cico-still-skeptical-come-inside-for-a-meticulous-log-that-proves-it/p1

Sorry but i'm not talking about weight gain results. I'm saying that IIFYM is not good for your health.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options

Sorry but i'm not talking about weight gain results. I'm saying that IIFYM is not good for your health.

You think that because you don't understand IIFYM. It's about taking 80 to 90% of you food from nutrient dense resources and then incorporating treats a little bit of the time. And you are giving way too much credit to foods and how they impact your health. If you actually look at the science, the largest drivers of healthy are good body composition, physical activity and good genetics. Hell, if you look at the convenience store diet, the guy improved every single one of his metabolic markers. So suggesting to a person who is looking to gain, to follow some erroneous diet of "clean" calories is absurd. The OP already struggles to get calories. So how do you think eating "clean" will do for her?

ETA: Let's be clear, not one is telling her to have a crappy diet full of nothing but junk foods. We are telling her it's ok to incorporate higher calorie foods or drinks to help her achieve her goal. To think that having some junk food will degrade her health is a bit misinformed.

And if you want, you can feel free to analyze my diary. It's full of goodness.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6H2edyPLU8

How about a PhD to provide some perspective.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

And you'd be incorrect in saying that. As psuLemon explained above, your conception of IIFYM is mistaken. Unless you have more education and training than people such as Layne Norton (the video above) or Alan Aragon, Eric Helms, etc., what you're saying is an opinion completely unsupported by scientific facts.
  • hamshor
    Options
    IIFYM let you eat everything that fit your macros. But, a healthy diet plan should not advise you to eat every kind of food, junk food, artificial food. And yes, i have scientific facts: every junk food is considered "bad" in medicine!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    IIFYM let you eat everything that fit your macros. But, a healthy diet plan should not advise you to eat every kind of food, junk food, artificial food. And yes, i have scientific facts: every junk food is considered "bad" in medicine!

It let's you, it doesn't mean people just eat rubbish all day.

There is more to health than what you put in your mouth. Mental health is a vital part of being healthy and attaching negative associations to food isnt healthy.

If my diet is predominantly vegies (generally 1.5-2kgs), lean meats, good sources of fat, fruit, dairy (wholefoods), plenty of fibre, how is a small amount of chocolate/Icecream if I really want it going to be detrimental? The cheat meals I see other people have are a free for all,and incorporate more nutrient poor food than I'd eat in a week (probably even more than I'd eat in a month) following IIFYM. As a former obsessive clean eater (to the point of being orthorexic) I would say that I'm so much healthier doing IIFYM - mentally and physically.
  • hamshor
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Your choice
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Your choice

It is. I asked you how it would be detrimental.
  • hamshor
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Your choice. 90% clean 10% junk during a day is not something that i can recommend. Maybe one or two cheat meals a week should do the trick for your "cravings" and also be a healthy choice.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Your choice. 90% clean 10% junk during a day is not sinething that i can recommend. Maybe one or two cheat meals a week should do the trick for your "cravings" and also be a healthy choice.

But how is a "cheat meal" without restriction any different than a small amount of something daily (that fits my macros)? I don't have cravings - I certainly did as a clean eater when things were off limits.

You still haven't explained how it's detrimental.
  • hamshor
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Your choice. 90% clean 10% junk during a day is not sinething that i can recommend. Maybe one or two cheat meals a week should do the trick for your "cravings" and also be a healthy choice.

But how is a "cheat meal" without restriction any different than a small amount of something daily (that fits my macros)? I don't have cravings - I certainly did as a clean eater when things were off limits.

7 cheat meals a week is not the same as 1 or 2 cheat meals a week.
    I didn't say cravings, i said "cravings". ( if you know the difference )
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited January 2017
    Options

I don't have cheat meals. I include small amounts of treats (if I want them) and make them fit. I already explained that I would eat less of these foods in a week (or probably a month) than someone having cheat meals would have in one meal. I never said I do have them every day, having the freedom to eat whatever, whenever takes away the need/desire for it, unlike clean eaters who crave, often binge, and revert back to their old eating habits, or destroy themselves with guilt and negative thoughts.

You still haven't explained how it's detrimental
  • hamshor
    edited January 2017
    Options

I don't have cheat meals. I include small amounts of treats (if I want them) and make them fit. I already explained that I would eat less of these foods in a week (or probably a month) than someone having cheat meals would have in one meal. I never said I do have them every day, having the freedom to eat whatever, whenever takes away the need/desire for it, unlike clean eaters who crave, often binge, and revert back to their old eating habits, or destroy themselves with guilt and negative thoughts.

I have explained: Eat clean/healthy foods, not only for muscles, but also for good health.
    I'm not saying to eat 1000 calories of cheat meal. Everything in moderation.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

I have explained: Eat clean/healthy foods, not only for muscles, but also for good health.

Thats not an explanation. I eat more than enough clean/healthy food - how is including a couple of squares of chocolate or a small amount of Icecream detrimental to my health?
  • hamshor
    Options

Thats not an explanation. I eat more than enough clean/healthy food - how is including a couple of squares of chocolate or a small amount of Icecream detrimental to my health?

Ok, im going to explain through a question:
    Ice cream or banana?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Ok, im going to explain through a question:
    Ice cream or banana?

Impossible to answer without context. How about you explain yourself.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

1000 calories is a healthy snack for some and not a "healthy meal" let alone a cheat meal. Please don't spout your bro-science when you obviously don't understand health/fitness/diet.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

1000 calories is a healthy snack for some and not a "healthy meal" let alone a cheat meal. Please don't spout your bro-science when you obviously don't understand health/fitness/diet.

I feel like this kind of crap has gotten a lot worse since they added bodybuilding to the forum title.
  • psuLemon
    Options

I feel like this kind of crap has gotten a lot worse since they added bodybuilding to the forum title.

In all fairness, it is the new year, so we are always going to get an uptick on people on the forum. So are just more ill informed than others.