Looking for Keto/Low Carb Friends!

Options
Hi! I'm starting Keto again and I'd love to find some people to following a similar eating plan. I've had great success with the Keto diet before. A little over 2 years ago I lost 40 lbs in about 5 months eating Keto. I then got lazy and went back to a carb-based diet and slowly gained most of that weight back. This time I intend to make the change to Keto for the rest of my life. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow low carb eater here.
    I went Keto in June and loved it, losing 20lbs. Went a little bit carb-y in November (I stopped logging too @thelowcarblady ) but it was ok, I maintained +/- 2lbs. Then went waaaaay off track in December and gained a further 6lbs but am back now. Aiming for around 50g carbs/day and hopefully wont fail in the face of a cupboard full of chocolate next time! My diary is public, feel free to add me
  • SMGabel
    SMGabel Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi! Im on keto, ive been off and on for a while, started back strict jan 2, down 4lbs.
  • Bpope
    Bpope Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started Keto the 1st of the year, I have done it many times. Love the results
  • bluebeltwo
    bluebeltwo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    New to Keto. Struggling a bit. I'm 2 weeks in. Lost 5 pounds right away (water weight) but then stopped and gained 2 lbs back! So no real progress yet. But I'm trying to be patient. I bought a blood ketone meter and I am definitely always in Ketosis but it varies a lot from 1.8 to 4.0. I have lowered my daily calorie goal so that should help. I keep telling myself that it takes 4-6 weeks to become truly Keto-adapted and a fat burning body... so I'm being patient! Looking for support and any advice from fellow MFP'ers. Thx for listening.
  • mlfatso
    mlfatso Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Fitness Pal can keep track of carbohydrates instead of calories? If you know the process how to set that up, please let me know!
  • mrsnav
    mrsnav Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mlfatso wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Fitness Pal can keep track of carbohydrates instead of calories? If you know the process how to set that up, please let me know!

Are you using the app or desktop? On the app (for Iphone, I don't have an android and it may be different), go to More in the bottom right hand corner and select Goals. Below the weight goals there is a section titled Nutrition Goals, Select Calorie & Macronutrient Goals, here you can customize everything by percentage. I hope this helps! :smile:
  • whiskeykittentoo
    whiskeykittentoo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just started (about 4 days ago) on LCHF (keto) and I'm dragging my husband along with me.
    Feel free to add me too.
  • whiskeykittentoo
    whiskeykittentoo Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mrsnav wrote: »
    mlfatso wrote: »

Are you using the app or desktop? On the app (for Iphone, I don't have an android and it may be different), go to More in the bottom right hand corner and select Goals. Below the weight goals there is a section titled Nutrition Goals, Select Calorie & Macronutrient Goals, here you can customize everything by percentage. I hope this helps! :smile:

I have looked - I thought it was only for premium users! I found it and have changed my macros! Awesome! Thanks for that, mrsnav.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    come join us in the LCHF group - real friendly and lots of great information being shared about this WOE!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • akuks2017
    akuks2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How many carbs/day are acceptable for the Keto diet?
  • deterimined2lose
    deterimined2lose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MyFitnessPal today and found this site as well. I am on day 6 of my lo carb journey. I am losing slowly but have not cheated. I am terrible with computers so everything seems super hard to figure out...so I have just been reading everyone else's wonderful advice and am going to try to figure out how to change the MFP to calculate carbs instead of calories...I saw someone already tried to explain it someone else above and I'm hoping I can figure it out like they did...Wish me luck!
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    shawnp2 wrote: »
    New to keto myself. Excited to see how it goes. Just joined MFP today! Looking for some like minded folks to stay on track with!

@shawnp2 welcome to mfp!

I'm new to keto but have read just about every article on it and the results seem amazing. Not just with weight, but with mental healthiness, cholesterol, BP, everything! So feel free to add me. <3
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    bluebeltwo wrote: »
    New to Keto. Struggling a bit. I'm 2 weeks in. Lost 5 pounds right away (water weight) but then stopped and gained 2 lbs back! So no real progress yet. But I'm trying to be patient. I bought a blood ketone meter and I am definitely always in Ketosis but it varies a lot from 1.8 to 4.0. I have lowered my daily calorie goal so that should help. I keep telling myself that it takes 4-6 weeks to become truly Keto-adapted and a fat burning body... so I'm being patient! Looking for support and any advice from fellow MFP'ers. Thx for listening.

I was looking into the meter, but they seemed super pricey. Where did you find yours?
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    come join us in the LCHF group - real friendly and lots of great information being shared about this WOE!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Questions? Problems? Want friends?

This ^^^^^