Your greatest feat of strength?

Options

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    For the lifters out there, what is the feat of strength that you are most proud of?

Well my upper body strength is kinda whack. I am finally at a 40 lb. shoulder press (two 20 lb. dumbbells) and I never go below a 15 lb. dumbbell for any upper body work out, but I probably won't increase anything but the reps from here on out (for shoulders and arms at least...back is another story)

I lat pull 85 lbs. and row 105 lbs. but again those aren't very impressive.

I'm most proud of my 405 lb. "front" stance leg press (12 reps!) and a 3x3 Smith squat of 250 lbs. (3x1 of 260 lbs. also!) Again, probably not gonna go much higher weight wise, but I'll improve the reps and perfect the form. Eventually I'd love to get to a 250 lb. BB squat, but right now I'm at 160 lb. because I never have a spotter (and I have a reconstructed foot so I'm too nervous to go at it alone since my balance is wonky)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    bench pressing a 55lbs on each side...

WOW that is amazing! You're a badass!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,826 Member
    Options
    I finally reached one chinup a while back but have regressed due to injury. Now building back up.

Overall:

Qualifying for the Boston Marathon (back in 1993) with a time of 3:38 at Grandma's Marathon
    Completing 43 miles in an 8-hour run-walk, just a week after completing a marathon in 3:45 (and my training was for that marathon, not for the 8-hour; I expected to do no more than the marathon distance if that).
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Ripping the door off a car in an accident, also the power seat back. Door was jammed closed from impact. That was kinda cool. One survived the other didn't. Moving a car with my brother that had us blocked in.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I used to lift heavy, with an emphasis on leg workouts (got carried away rehabbing a bike injury). One day, I realized that I didn't have enough bar length on the leg press to load my weights, and also that I had used up the majority of the 45 lb plates in the gym. So I started to trade out the 45# plates for 100# plates. All the REALLY big guys were watching me, and a couple offered to help. I figured if I was going to leg press that bad boy, I had to be able to load and unload it myself. The guys were all impressed with my lift (1100#), I was more impressed that I could load and unload the press sled.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Got me beat...
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

I love the nonchalant walk away from the bar. CONGRATS!
  • cogirljb
    cogirljb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I remember hitting 135lbs on deadlifts and thinking how bad my hands hurt and that I'd never be able to lift more...I'm now at 155lbs with no issues at all!!!!
  • Lostinblac
    Lostinblac Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Putting up with 3 chihuahuas who all have the attitude of a doberman
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I gave birth

Me, too. LOL No drugs.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Getting my self out of bed for the last 61+ years ;-)
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Not a lifter but my greatest feat of strength has been childbirth x2 and getting through 6 rounds of chemotherapy. Bench pressing ....not so good at that!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

Geesh! I'm gonna go back to my wussy deadlifting. :p
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

Geesh! I'm gonna go back to my wussy deadlifting. :p

Nah, the deadlift is no joke, lol. The most I can deadlift is 135 pounds. I'm sure you have me beat there!
  • 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Deadlift max of 365# double over hand grip,(hard, lol) at 18 years old. I should try mixed grip soon and see where that is.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Deadlift max of 365# double over hand grip,(hard, lol) at 18 years old. I should try mixed grip soon and see where that is.

Great. Wish I had started that young!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Bump!