10 DAY GREEN SMOOTHIE JJ SMITH

Options
I am thinking about adding these smoothies into my regimen.

Has anyone tried this?

I don't plan to change my deficit I currently eat 1400 cals a day ( not including the cals I burn during workouts) 30 minutes per day at least 10 of cardion

Replies

• ramicharowland
    ramicharowland Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Typical Ingredients:

3 handfuls spinach
    2 cups water
    1 appl, cored quarted
    1 cup frozen mangos
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 handfull frozen or fresh seedless grapes
    2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
    1 scoop of protein power

Should I use protein powder?? What kind should I use?? What are the pros/cons
  • ramicharowland
    Options

6 apples
    1 bunch grapes
    20 oz. frozen peaches
    20 oz. blueberries
    15 oz strawberries
    10 oz. frozen strawberries
    10 oz. frozen mixed berries
    6 oz. mango chunks
    3 bananas
    1 bunch kale
    20 oz. spinach
    20 oz. spring mix greens
    stevia, to sweeten
    flaxseed
    Detox tea
    Sea salt
    Snack foods: eggs, apples, tuna, raw crunchy vegetables, square bars
    non-dairy, plant based protein powder (optional)

This is the whole grocery list for 10 days worth of smoothies
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Seems unnecessary but if you enjoy the smoothies, it won't hurt to have them.

Nothing wrong with protein powder, it's simply a protein supplement for those who may have a hard time meeting their protein goal with food alone.

What even is detox tea, and why would anyone need it?
  • ramicharowland
    Options
    Yes, I do enjoy smoothies and I think it would be much easier than eating all of the fruit/ veggies..

Okay protein powder is a yes....

And detox tea?? hmm I am not sure.. Is this not good to add.. Should I leave the detox tea out??

Seems unnecessary but if you enjoy the smoothies, it won't hurt to have them.

Nothing wrong with protein powder, it's simply a protein supplement for those who may have a hard time meeting their protein goal with food alone.

What even is detox tea, and why would anyone need it?

• ramicharowland
    edited January 2017
    Options

A lot of detox teas contain laxatives, so I would advise not buying them.

Also, "detox" is a buzzword, and the premise behind it is a scam.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1

Ahhh, thank you for this information... Very informative so far..
  • ramicharowland
    Options
    Anyone heard of shakeology??
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you weigh and log all the ingredients. Smoothies can be quite high calorie.

I am doing more smoothies these days due to tooth issues.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey, if you enjoy smoothies.

Stay away from the detox tea. You'll be getting plenty of fiber. I hate to think of taking a laxative on top of that.

There are higher quality protein powders than Shakeology.

As has been mentioned, weigh and measure all your smoothie ingredients so your calorie counts are accurate.

What are square bars?
  • ramicharowland
    Options
    Anyone heard of shakeology??

Another money-grubbing scam.

If someone tries to sell this garbage to you, run in the other direction.

It seeemed reaaaaaaaly expensive for protein shake lol.. I will stay away thanks !
  • ramicharowland
    Options

Stay away from the detox tea. You'll be getting plenty of fiber. I hate to think of taking a laxative on top of that.

As has been mentioned, weigh and measure all your smoothie ingredients so your calorie counts are accurate.

What are square bars?

Got it. No detox tea :)

Shakeology is waaay to expensive for me anyways..but good to know its garbage...

Square bars are organic protein bars

https://www.squareorganics.com/collections/products

I never had them
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you want some good insight into high quality supplements, I would look at www.labdoor.com . But I would largely try to eat food instead of drinking if as it is generally better for satiety.
  • ramicharowland
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    If you want some good insight into high quality supplements, I would look at www.labdoor.com .

Will do thanks a lot :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

What are square bars?

Shakeology is waaay to expensive for me anyways..but good to know its garbage...

I never had them

Most of them have 10g of protein. That is not allowed. I would rather have the cliff energy bars for a fraction of the price (like 1/3). Most good protein bars have at least 20g of protein in them.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

What are square bars?

I never had them

They seem really expensive for what they are. 220 calories and only 12 grams of protein is not that great, especially at $30 per box. If I were you, I'd see how I make out without protein bars before I went out and bought a $30 box of glorified cardboard. :smile:

• ramicharowland
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    If you want some good insight into high quality supplements, I would look at www.labdoor.com . But I would largely try to eat food instead of drinking if as it is generally better for satiety.

What is the difference between whey isolate and whey protein?? Just curious .. I am leaning towards the Myprotein Impact Whey Isolate
  • ramicharowland
    Options

Ahhhhhh, got it.. Thanks :)
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    There's a brand of teas called Yogi Tea and they have a detox one - but it's not "detox" like you would think in terms of a diet, where it has laxative effects. Instead, it has herbs that help support healthy liver and kidney function (your body's natural detoxifying system). We drink it in my house quite often. That's what I think they're probably referring to when they say detox tea. I would, as others have suggested, stay away from detox diet teas, like SkinnyMint or FitTea.