Apple Watch users

Options

Replies

• Mrssammerlotte
    Mrssammerlotte Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What happens after I add? how does apple watch play into this? lol how does this work?
  • Mrssammerlotte
    Mrssammerlotte Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wait.... let me see if i can figure it out
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    wait.... let me see if i can figure it out

Did you add me just now? I just got a invite
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    In your Activity app there is a sharing tab and you'll see the activity info for all the people you share with there. On the phone in Activity detail, swipe to the right and you'll see the list there too.
  • StopLivingToEat
    StopLivingToEat Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am interested. My activity goal currently is 650. If I can still join, my email is [edited by mods]
    Thanks
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear posters,

I wanted to explain the edits in this thread. Please ensure all posts meet MFP guidelines.

The guideline in question reads:

Guideline 7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information

For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

You are welcome to share personal details using private messages.

Please take some time to review the site's guidelines at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thanks for your cooperation. Hope you are enjoying the site.

Best regards,
    Sugar
    MFP Moderator Team
  • MelanieCN77
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Well I guess we become MFP friends and share via message. Friend me and send a message!
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    I really don't see a problem. No one gave out phone numbers but their emails. Nothing personal about that
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    So I've noticed a thing. I'm going about my day and MFP will show an added 20-30 cals or so for the steps AW says I've accumulated. Great. Then I do a workout and the only calorie adjustment is then for the logged exercise, the step adjustments disappear and no more will be given. I can't tell if it rolls them in together, which it shouldn't.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have seen this but I don't eat back the calories I burn. So I just count the calories that I originally set. Not sure if/how to change it.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Yeah I mean it's not going to be enough cals to be substantial but if we're going to be detailed about our ins and outs, the right info would be good.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was looking for something about that. When I clicked on the exercise tracking it gives a more detailed report. Also found a comment that you can adjust that by going under settings, then click on diary settings. Supposed to be able to click a 'enable negative calorie adjustment' but I couldn't find that button anywhere. MFP stopped tracking my steps calorie burn when I connected to my Apple Watch
  • FasterBehr
    FasterBehr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So I've noticed a thing. I'm going about my day and MFP will show an added 20-30 cals or so for the steps AW says I've accumulated. Great. Then I do a workout and the only calorie adjustment is then for the logged exercise, the step adjustments disappear and no more will be given. I can't tell if it rolls them in together, which it shouldn't.

I get this too. As soon as I log an exercise using the watch (via HealthKit to MFP), the exercise appears correctly in MFP and in the process it zero's the step calories for the day. It won't even add additional step calories if you earn any after the exercise session. Sadly it doesn't add them to the exercise count instead.
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    I don't eat calories I burn. I'll do that if I'm trying to maintain.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    I don't need to eat them but I want to know they are there. The cals MFP gives me are already a deficit, so I'd lose even if I ate all my exercise cals back.
  • Fuz1701
    Fuz1701 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I have been using an Apple Watch since it first came out, if I can help with anything please do not hesitate to ask!
  • zombiebrandy0112
    zombiebrandy0112 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Just PM for information
  • KatieBaack
    KatieBaack Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in (if it's not too late)! I could use some friend to compete against! Please feel free add me on here and PM me for information. :smiley:
  • duncan04
    duncan04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I love my Apple Watch.
  • milan1573
    milan1573 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Inbox me for apple ID.

Thank you.