Simple Breakfast Ideas Please

Options
Any ideas for simple breakfast ideas ? I don't cook a lot early in the morning so with a 1,200 calories a day any comments would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend I make a batch of these (with various different proteins and veggies mixed in depending on what I feel like that day) and then reheat them the morning of: http://www.iheartnaptime.net/mini-egg-frittatas/
  • JacquiH73
    JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal or quick cook. Seriously. Starting out the day with a bowl of plain instant oatmeal takes very little time to make and is only 100 cal. I enjoy with my morning cup of tea and I can add some fruit too. In the oatmeal or on the side
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, nut butter on grain bread (or toast), and I second the oatmeal. But keep in mind, breakfast can be anything, so if you want a turkey sandwich, do it. You want soup? Do it. As long as you stay within your calorie goal, it doesn't have to be "breakfast" food.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1 cup almond milk, 1 cup water, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
  • bkbirge
    Options
    Piece of thin sliced toast. Top with leftovers from night before.
  • bkbirge
    Options
    1 slice of cold stale pizza from the box you left on the counter last weekend.
  • bkbirge
    Options
    Cup of coffee and half a pack of cigarettes.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Any ideas for simple breakfast ideas ? I don't cook a lot early in the morning so with a 1,200 calories a day any comments would be greatly appreciated

Greek yogurt "parfait" .....add frozen raspberries, FiberOne cereal, and chopped nuts.

Make oatmeal with milk (for some protein). Stir in PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and maple syrup.

I bake a bunch of eggs in a 9x9 pan. Cut into squares & freeze (with Canadian bacon slices). In the a.m. I toast a high fiber English muffin, warm eggs in the microwave and add a piece of 2% cheese. Google breakfast burritos - same concept.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually some combination or variation of the following foods:

Greek yogurt.
    Fruit.
    Toast.
    Boiled eggs.
    Oatmeal.
    Turkey sausage.
    Turkey bacon.
    Bagel w/ cream cheese.
    Cereal.
    Granola or granola bar.
  • linda212121
    linda212121 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. Would like to have you as a friend on here add me if you want
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I use a pc so I don't know how to display my food log. I had 2 simple breakfasts this morning.

First was a bowl of cereal for 267 calories. The combination of Cocoa and kefir is quite tasty.

Homemade - Kefir, Whole Cows Milk (From Milk Grains), 4.1 oz 82 2 4 5 0 2
    General Mills Cereal - Cocoa Puffs, 50 g (3/4 cup) 185 43 3 2 278 19

But that wasn't enough, so then I had an egg sandwich for 237 calories.

Usda Br 01123 - Egg, Whole, Raw, Fresh, 56.0 g 80 0 5 7 80 0
    Great Value - 2% Milk Reduced Fat Deluxe American Cheese, 1 slice 50 1 4 3 340 1
    Jerome's Wheat Bread, 44 serving(s) 98 18 1 3 504 2
    Usda - Olive Oil, 1 g 9 0 1 0 0 0

I made my bread with half whole wheat and half King Arthur bread flour. My two slices weighed 44 grams.
  • linda212121
    Options
    Thank you those are some amazing ideas add me as a friend if you would like
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I usually have Yogurt w/ jam and 1/3-1/2 of a Clif bar.
    geeni36tlgyu.jpg
  • BiomedDent
    BiomedDent Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oats so simple sachet (I like the honey and vanilla one) 128kcal +75kcal for milk. 2 mins in the microwave. So yummy!
  • concavenotconvex
    concavenotconvex Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Premium Protein the chocolate not vanilla is what usually have for breakfast. It's 160calories and 30grams of protein. It actually tastes decent which is the best part.
  • rwheyman
    rwheyman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you wanna stay low in calories just eat some fruit in the morning, I normally just eat 2 whole oranges and some coffee ;-) You can add some water/galia melon which are both very low on calories too!

ox8r2lkiwjzy.png
  • Natzmom
    Natzmom Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Egg white omelet stuffed with 3 slices of deli turkey and 1/4 avocado. Or, vanilla greek yogurt (1 cup) with berries and a sprinkle of Cheerios or other cereal for some crunch. Both of these keep me full for hours. I use coconut oil to cook the omelet.
  • linda212121
    Options
    Thank you all for the ideas