How much have you changed from high school until now?

Options

Replies

• DrSelfish1131
    DrSelfish1131 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I still recall the day of spontaneous (Internet provoked?) ignition of the candle of agnosticism (doubt?) in my heart (frontal lobe?) to set my thinking free from all constraints.... making me a dreamer like John lenon ... :smile:
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I was one of the good kids. I didn't cuss, smoke, drink or party, but my dad was paranoid that I was secretly being a hellion. He wouldn't let me date because he thought I would end up pregnant. I had to beg him to let me go on my first date when I was 17. That date was a mess, I was so nervous about being alone with a guy for the first time that I threw up. The poor guy thought I got food poisoning from the restaurant.

I'm still a good girl, I guess some things never change. I've still have never gotten drunk or smoke a cigarette. My nervousness mellowed out when I hit 20.
  • immixed
    immixed Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've changed about 64 lbs. I was 5'3 164 when I graduated in 2010 and now I'm 100-105. I was also super shy and never spoke up if I felt disrespected or put in an uncomfortable position. I'm happy to say I'm now much more able to stand up for myself.

Before & After:
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I was more positive, outgoing, and confident when I was in high school. Now I'm cynical (borderline misanthropic some days), reclusive, and have the self-esteem of a doorknob. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm working on it, though.

Oh, I'm also a lot gayer.
  • shellbubz
    shellbubz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had serious depression during high school. Back then I spent my time skipping class, smoking copious amounts of weed and cigarettes and having poor self-esteem which led to me letting people treat me poorly. I had an eating disorder that involved cycles of starving and bingeing and the only exercise I got was dancing while high and/or drunk out of my skull at raves on the weekends.

A lot has changed for the better since then. About a year after graduating high school, I quit smoking cigarettes, quit using recreational drugs (except marijuana), and cut down considerably on my drinking. Since then I have been implementing more and more beneficial changes in my life. Now at the age of 23, I exercise regularly, have a healthy relationship with food, I no longer allow toxic people in my life and finally have learned to treat myself as my own best friend rather than my own worst enemy. :smile:
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Funny enough, I'm not much different today than the day I graduated high school (it'll be 20 years in June). That said, I've gone through a lot of changes lately that have brought me back to my true self, thankfully. Up until about a year ago, I was a neurotic, controlling *kitten* that didn't understand why nobody "got" me. One difference, I'd say is that I am grateful for my life and those in it. Before, it gratitude wasn't something I considered.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    What has changed?
    Musical tastes..still like rock and metal but have become tolerant (and actually enjoy) country now (who would have guessed?)
    More confident, more tolerant and patient. Much less lazy.
    I must have been a real loser in high school cause I can't think of one thing that hasn't changed internally for the better.

• TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Physically I look way different as I'm about 80 lbs heavier (hence being on this site) but my personality is still the exact same.
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not pregnant now
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Well.. I'm not drunk anymore so that has changed.. also, I've got better teeth..
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Some things have changed while others have remained constant.
    Im more laid back.. But still pretty arrogant.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    I spent most of my high school years in the back of my (now husband's) van. LOL. I was a straight A student who liked everyone. Nothing much has changed really except I dont have to make out in a van anymore.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I was skating all the time so that hasn't changed. But I was super shy. I am no longer
    And my last year I had red hair. Never again
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Graduated May 1966, last August I went back home to attend 50th Reunion.

In HS I had two dates, one was to the Sadie Hawkins dance when girl invites a guy to be her date.

3 July 1966 met a cute blonde, still with her today! Will be married 48 years on Super Bowl Sunday.

How haveI changed? I could write a book.
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I spent most of my high school years in the back of my (now husband's) van. LOL. I was a straight A student who liked everyone. Nothing much has changed really except I dont have to make out in a van anymore.

This is awesome
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Nothing much. Once a D, always a D.

Democrat?
  • Taylor076097
    Taylor076097 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    More than socially appropriate to post in a small reply box. Confidence comes to mind.. not being the stoner chick in the back of the room lol
  • ChrissyDomer
    ChrissyDomer Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    A lot... that is all
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I was very petite and died my hair black :grimace: