• courtney0525
    courtney0525 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started.. Add me :)
  • courtney0525
    courtney0525 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    akuks2017 wrote: »
    How many carbs/day are acceptable for the Keto diet?

20 grams
  • rosiesau
    rosiesau Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This is my first time doing keto, I'm ready to do this. Looking foward to losing lots of pounds. I just made a pizza with coliflower, i say it came out very good
  • bluebeltwo
    bluebeltwo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    TeachingT!! I'm sorry I missed your question. I got my blood Ketone Meter on Amazon, called the PrescisionXtra. The meter itself wasn't too pricey but the Keto blood test strips are very expensive. It's very annoying because I like to check my ketone levels at least twice a day and the urine strips are not accurate. So I buy the blood test strips in bulk on EBay. They're still pricey but better than anywhere else. Add me as a friend if you have anymore questions!!
  • gracestevens1994
    gracestevens1994 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    On week two of keto :) feel free to add me!
  • sipembasade
    sipembasade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mrsnav wrote: »
    Hi! I'm starting Keto again and I'd love to find some people to following a similar eating plan. I've had great success with the Keto diet before. A little over 2 years ago I lost 40 lbs in about 5 months eating Keto. I then got lazy and went back to a carb-based diet and slowly gained most of that weight back. This time I intend to make the change to Keto for the rest of my life. Feel free to add me!

Please add me
  • Moceri77
    Moceri77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been keto/LC since November and I have seen great results. I even lost weight over Christmas! I'd like to join this forum and have friend requests. I can't figure out how to friend people on here
  • ohromujici
    ohromujici Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Keto on Jan 2nd and I have lost about 9 pounds. I am really loving this WOE and this is the best I have felt in a long time. Good luck to you on your journey. I hope 2017 brings good health changes for all of us.
  • proteinpout
    proteinpout Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Adding all of you! :) I had a few keto days last week and officially started today!
  • Ells30
    Ells30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just started today. Add me! Also.. are you active with exercise?
  • Ells30
    Ells30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • danah61
    danah61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I have been on keto for awhile now....I have lost 85 lbs....you are welcome to add me ....wishing you much success :)
  • ecko2455
    ecko2455 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, just started keto about a week ago. Looking forward to building a solid group in order to stay informed and motivated .
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    akuks2017 wrote: »
    How many carbs/day are acceptable for the Keto diet?
    20 grams

I would say below 50g for many people. Those with insulin resistance tend to need to go lower, like 20-30g of carbs, to stay in measurable ketosis. Conversely, younger, healthier and active people can often stay in ketosis at even higher levels of carbs (over 100g) if they time their carbs around intense, long lasting exercise.

Most keto'ers do start around 20-30g of total carbs. Some go higher and use 20-30g of net carbs (total carbs minus fibre).

Ditto the suggestion to join the LCD MFP group. They are a great bunch. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Misskim121211
    Misskim121211 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am new to this and just started on keto a week ago! It took me 4 days to get into ketosis but my daily carb intake is at 45 grams...this is as low as I want to go right now. I think if I limit it anymore I will cheat! I felt pretty awful for the last 2 days but woke up today feeling really good! I am only going to weigh in and do measurements once a week(Tuesdays)...so don't know if I have lost anything yet. My tummy is definitely less bloated so thats a positive :smiley:
  • Misskim121211
    Misskim121211 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sorry got my carbs wrong...I am aiming for 54 grams.
    And I meant to say feel free to add me :smile:
  • MellyBeans22
    MellyBeans22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keto here! Broke my 3 month streak over the holidays but I'm back at it again. Feel free to add!
  • paulmatthewhirst
    paulmatthewhirst Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, day 1 of the keto diet for me and enjoying it so far. All advice and guidance from others who've been down this road would be very welcome. Feel free to add me :)
    Best wishes