how many eggs are too much?

Options
sonalily
sonalily Posts: 30 Member
In your guys opinion, how many eggs a day is too much?
I could have 2-4 a day, and im a 29 year old female. is this excessive?

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    ahh, maybe, maybe not. 2 I would be ok with, as long as your blood work is normal, but 4 might be pushing it. Even though a lot of the cholesterol debate about eggs has been called into question, I'd still be wary of overdoing eggs. I usually have 1 a day, but I wouldn't be horrified if a client showed me a diet plan with 2 eggs a day in it, although I'd request that they be separated by meals probably, just to give your body time to process.
  • sonalily
    Options
    thanks, i find i reach for two for breakfast, i was just thinking of them as a good source of protein, and sometimes i may want more for another meal in the day.
  • sheffiej34
    sheffiej34 Posts: 91
    Options
    My usual breakfast until lately has been 3 egg whites and one whole egg. All the protein, minimal cholesterol ..
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Depends...Are you eating the full egg or just egg whites? I've found I eat 4-6 eggs a day, but I rarely eat/use the yoke because thats where all your cholesterol is from. I started using egg whites and I still get 5 grams of Protein per egg. Something to keep in mind.
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm a big believer in eggs. I'll have 2-3 a day, usually for breakfast, with the yolks. Sure the cholesterol is there, but so are a lot of awesome vitamins.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 a day almost every day and my cholesterol has gotten much better. Sugar was what was raising my cholesterol, not fat.
  • sonalily
    Options
    ok, sounds good, i like eggs and i like whole eggs, doesnt seem fullfillling with just egg whites. 2-3 sounds reasonable
  • Hixena
    Hixena Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm a big believer in eggs. I'll have 2-3 a day, usually for breakfast, with the yolks. Sure the cholesterol is there, but so are a lot of awesome vitamins.

Totally agree! i dont know why some people are so scared of the yolk, theres pros and cons with lots of food, got to weigh up it up :smile:
  • agent300
    agent300 Posts: 73
    Options
    there is endless information out there about how good eggs are for you. there are so many nutrients contained in the yolk. numerous studies have disproved that eating eggs will give you high cholesterol. here's a good article: http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    According to Jackie Warner's book (This is why you're fat) 2 a day. If your looking for other protein options have you tried Greek yogurt?
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Usually 3 eggs for me.
  • lyddsmom
    lyddsmom Posts: 96
    Options
    Chobani greek yogurt is great. It has 14 grams of protein and no fat. Give it a try. Also, I usually keep boiled eggs in the fridge for a snack once or twice a week and have 2 eggs for breakfast a couple of times a week. My cholesterol has lowered because I have been limiting my processed food--especially sugar, and increasing my fiber. I don't think the eggs have caused a problem.
  • brandimurray750
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled in a stainless steel pan with one slice of sprouted wheat toast.
  • WeoooBeans
    WeoooBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to eat 3 eggs for breakfast in the morning. Whole eggs!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Alan Aragon on eggs........

9) Eating Eggs with the Yolk – will your cholesterol run rampant, or this mostly a myth?

Alan: Whole egg consumption tends to raise both the LDL & HDL fractions, but the subfraction of the LDL that’s elevated is the neutral/non-atherogenic subfraction. So, people can relax. The only caution would be to note that the fat within whole eggs should be factored into macronutrient targets just like anything else. One more thing, eggs have the bonus of providing the body with carotenoid nutrients that protect against degenerative diseases of the eye, and eggs also taste damn good with sausage.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I will never give up eggs, yolk and all. My weekend breakfast is 2 eggs scrambled with black pudding, but often I will have 2 or 3 for lunch with some ham or salmon, but I do think that more than 4 a day could be regarded as a little too much.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My advice would be limiting it to 2/day with as many egg whites as you want :)
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 WHOLE eggs almost every single day. They are so yummy and versatile. I usually scramble mine with veggies...tomatoes, black olives, green and yellow onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach...
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    I have between 4 and 8 eggs per day. There is no need to limit them unless you have been advised to by a doctor. They are a great source of protein, fat, and vitamins and minerals.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Depends...Are you eating the full egg or just egg whites? I've found I eat 4-6 eggs a day, but I rarely eat/use the yoke because thats where all your cholesterol is from. I started using egg whites and I still get 5 grams of Protein per egg. Something to keep in mind.
    You mean all the NUTRITION is in the yolk, right? Healthiest part of the egg. The white, by itself, is mostly a waste, besides protein.

EDIT - What's with bumping a random 3 year old post?