Any other mom's with young kiddos?

Options

Replies

• sherhead
    sherhead Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mom of a 3 year old and I'm still trying to lose baby weight gain. It's tough especially with eating nutritional healthy foods. I all know what you are going through and would love the motivation to keep this weight loss journey going.
  • MeeshCarson
    MeeshCarson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I am a new mom to a 4 week old. I also have had a c-section and am restricted for another two weeks. I was 220lbs at delivery and am now 205lbs. I am looking to eventually drop to 150lbs.
  • Lortad
    Lortad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a mom of a three week old little girl, breastfeeding and i'm eating healthy because i want to loose my baby weight!
    I'm learning a LOT reading your comments, i feel a little alone in this "new mom loosing weight" journey so please feel free to add me! I'm from Argentina, 32 years old, no gym yet!! Until doctor aproval (had a c section)
  • kharmon2013
    kharmon2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yay! For not being alone :) we are all in this journey together and in different places. It's so important to take the time and rest after having a baby, and soak up those sweet moments. I could have started at the gym sooner than a year after having my baby, but I allowed that time for myself to rest . Everyone is different I know! Now after 1 year I'm trying to hit it hard. After re looking at my stats, I'm still 20lbs down after having my first baby and losing weight, so I'm happy with that as a starting point. Here's to keeping each. Other in check and helping one another out, cheers!
  • dparisi82
    dparisi82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mom to 3 and 2 year old girls (11 1/2 months a part)! I am 10 lbs up from when I first became pregnant and have another 10-20 lbs to lose after that.

I would love to add you! I need motivation as well! I'm new to this site and counting calories.
  • Missxjay
    Missxjay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! My baby is 6 months old and I'm trying to lose weight for my wedding later this year!
  • dparisi82
    Options
    I'm new to this site. How do you add someone as a friend??
  • danie_canuck
    danie_canuck Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! Newly single mom to a 2.5 rambunctious son. I have about 18KG to lose (40lbs) and super motivated. (honestly I am more energized than ever. I feel like when I look back on working 9 hr days, cooking dinner, cleaning, making lunches, even baking cookies and still doing our BMS time with my son all before 10 PM will seem impossible haha!)

I don't BF anymore but I can tell ya once they hit the toddler years its easy to get in that cardio. Also as part of workouts and BMS time (Body/Mind/Soul for those interested) I use my son as a weight. I will have him on my shins feet up against the wall and do crunches and he gives me kisses when I get to the top. I do push ups with him under me and tickle his forehead, hold him straight out and do squats etc. so I incorporate my at home workouts with him

I would love the add if anyone wants more friends! we all gonna be even sexier mama's for shizzle.
  • WickedMotivated
    WickedMotivated Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm a SAHM to a 4 year old.. 4 years went by so fast and I am sad to say that I haven't put the effort into getting this baby weight off yet... after 4 years :(
    However, I am motivated to do it now. 160 is also my goal and was my healthy weight for my height and age before I had my baby. Feel free to add me!!
  • angelanixon1984
    angelanixon1984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mommy to 3 kids under 5 years. I would love to get back in shape and have more energy to keep up with my littles.
  • mummycampbell
    mummycampbell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lexie8413 wrote: »
    Hi! I have a 10 month old daughter. I'm also trying to get the baby weight off plus a little more. I'm still breastfeeding so it's going to be a little bit of a challenge. I'm going to a lot of HIIT workouts and eat fruits vegetables lean protein and healthy carbs. I'm scared to cut carbs completely because I don't want to lose my milk supply. I also want to try the couch to 5k program as well.

I have a 8 month old and breastfeeding to its hard to know how much to still eat I'm doing a 30 minute work out every day today is the first day I weigh 12stone 6lb . Good luck x
  • hdean1989
    hdean1989 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Is there anyway that we can start a group? I've been away from my fitness pal so long everything is changed and I didn't even realize I was getting notifications about this thread.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Love threads like this. Makes it so easy to find friends :smile:

I am a mommy to a little boy who is 3 and a little girl who is 7 months old. Life is good. Looking for people to help motivate me as I'm looking to lose about 50lbs. Currently at 205, want to be at 160. Feel free to add me!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    @kharmon2013 Great job starting! I too waited a year since I was breastfeeding and it was a struggle hanging on to an adequate supply of milk...I didn't want exercise and calorie reductions to impact an already struggling supply...Once he turned one though, it was ON...I nursed him until 2.5 yrs but since he was eating and drinking other types of milk, that stress was gone!! I am now 55 lbs lighter, it took half a year to loose the bulk of the weight and six additional months for my shape to become more defined (ongoing process)... body weight exercises and now heavier dumbbells is assisting with that....Ideally I would like to loose a bit more body fat..It is too bad that I can't choose from where I'd like the weight to leave as I would be DONE thinking about weight LOSS only Muscle GAIN!! :-)
  • dparisi82
    Options
    @hdean1989 ] I was thinking the same thing. We should have a group for moms with young kiddos to support eachother. I'm new to this forum and site all together but I'd be happy to start one.

• amks3818
    amks3818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello. Mom with kids from all across the board here. I have an 18 yr old son, 12 and 10 yr old daughters and a new 4 month old baby boy. Yes some say we are crazy. I am trying to get back to weight that I lost before my last little guy. Need some motivation. Looking to lose about 60 lbs. Starting to get back into counting calories and exercising when I can find the time. Feel free to add me.
  • yecatsmn
    yecatsmn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too! Please do.

I have a 2 year old and 2 month old. Finally working to get this weight off. Breastfeeding too and curious to see what other momma's do for extra calories or the types of food they eat :)
  • FlippingFins
    FlippingFins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mum to a 2 year old. Have had a couple of years of poor fitness due to her being too young to be independent enough to let me do anything active, but she now swims on her own so I'm working my way back to fitness by swimming with her regularly.
  • michelefullerton72
    michelefullerton72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Cmon yummy mummies, we can smash this, 3 year old daughter x