Sick of oatmeal.

Options
Im getting sick of eating oatmeal for breakfast, i think I only eat it because it is considered "healthy".

What do you all have for breakfast. I need a change.

Thanks

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety of things, though lately it's been savory oatmeal (an egg and some spinach on top, for example).
    Here's my thing: breakfast food is ANY food. The cereal folks have us thinking there are specific foods that are "breakfast foods".
    Eat anything you like.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Try Farina (wheat) ... or cornmeal mush. ... Or, have some of your leftovers from yesterday.

My favorite breakfast is oatmeal made different ways ... sometimes with milk, othertimes with water; sometimes with an egg whisked into the water; sometimes with a 4 ounce apple chopped in and cooked along with the oats; or half a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter. The trick is to not eat the same oatmeal every day because that does get boring.

If I'm not having a whole grain for my break fast meal, I'll usually go for eggs with whatever sides I desire to cook up.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Egg whites & a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, yum!
  • FreeAnik
    FreeAnik Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You don't have to go plain oatmeal. You can make banana/oatmeal cookies and eat them for breakfast. You can also make pancakes with oatmeal. Of course oats are not the only thing you can eat. It depends on your preferences. I, myself, could eat oatmeal morning, noon, night. I change up what I put in it. I use to like also egg white omelets with spinach and a little cheese with a piece of toast. A big bowl of fruits with nuts and seeds in it with yogurt if you eat dairy. PB and J on whole wheat is also a winner.
  • ACSelkie
    ACSelkie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    millet, teff, quinoa cooked in coconut water for some sweetness or spice it up with cinnamon,nutmeg ect.. Arrow head mills makes a puffed miller and a puffed brown rice for mornings you are in a hurry... scrambled tofu with some turnip,sweet potato or parsnip hash browns on the weekend...
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Eat something else. I actually don't like oatmeal at ALL when I'm trying to lose or maintain weight. So calorie dense and not filling.

• summertime2619
    summertime2619 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like low sugar Greek yogurt topped with some fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and/or blackberries. A light drizzle of honey and sliced almonds.
  • fatcatp
    fatcatp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I made some 100 calorie blueberry muffins. Im not a big muffin fan, but these are really good and you can grab a few for breakfast for a break from oatmeal.
    1 1/2 cup flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    3/4 c white sugar
    1 tsp ground cinamon
    1/3 c applesauce
    1/3 c skim milk
    1tsp vanilla
    1egg
    1-2 c blueberries
    Mix dry and wet separatly, then combine. Batter will be very thick, dont overmix. Make 16 muffin ( barely stretches so dont fill too full)
    Bake on 400 for 15-20 min
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I eat based on how I feel that morning. Some days cereal, others French Toast or pancakes and eggs, sometimes oatmeal, protein powder smoothie when I'm in a hurry, yesterday was a banana with peanut butter, sometimes I grab a muffin and a piece of cheese and eat on the way. All of these fit nicely within my calories and help meet my goals.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I eat traditional things like oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, but I also just eat leftovers: this morning I had my coffee and a protein drink, exercised, after stretch/shower/dress, I had boneless chicken with parsley & lemon, steamed green beans, tsp of EVVO, and a banana. All but the EVVO and banana was leftover.
  • kelli980
    kelli980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try nutrigrain blue berry waffles by ego. Put on fruit and add a egg as side
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I make batches of steel-cut oatmeal (much better than the ubiquitous Quaker rolled or instant variety) and eat that with egg or honey. Sometimes add a protein shake. Otherwise, my most frequent breakfasts are
    • Rice and eggs - 1/2 cup of cooked Calrose rice with 3 eggs on top. I like mine over medium, mix it all up. Throw on some chopped green onion or whatever floats your boat.
    • Homemade sausage McMuffin - Al Fresco chicken sausage patty, an egg, a slice of some type of cheese, and a toasted english muffin. I can make these in about 5 minutes and they are awesome.
    • Parisian ham and egg street crepes - http://bakingbites.com/2009/08/french-ham-cheese-and-egg-crepes-step-by-step/ Making a batch of these takes about an hour but, if you pour thin crepes, will make 10-12 and the calorie count is in the mid 300 range (depending, again, on how thick your crepes are). These are delicious right out of the pan and are a family weekend favorite. Freeze the rest individually in gallon ziploc bags. When ready to eat, throw it on a plate, nuke it for 2 minutes. Delicious!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    usually yoghurt with fruits, a few nuts and a few oats
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I eat leftovers from the night before, sandwiches, toast with eggs & bacon, Greek yogurt with protein powder & granola, high fiber wrap with ground beef and cheese....whatever I'm in the mood for.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

I also make egg/turkey bacon/spinach/cheese muffins. They are only 76 calories each so I can have 2 of those plus a pumpkin/zucchini muffin for around 300 calories.

Actually...I eat just about anything for breakfast as long as it is around 300 calories.

Sometimes a shake...sometimes an omelet with veggies. I have even eaten leftovers from the night before.

I also make an oatmeal/peanut butter muffin that is really good.

I don't like just plan oatmeal but I like it as an ingredient in recipes.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    This morning I had romaine lettuce wraps.
    3 leafs of lettuce -10cal
    3 turkey bacon -105 cal
    1 tbs of ranch between all 3 -70 cal
    8 cherry tomatoes halved -32 cal
    1 sargento light string cheese -50 cal

Split all this up into 3 "tacos" but using the lettuce as the shell. I cut the string cheese into 3 strips. Total calories =267 calories.

I should have stuck with two. 3 was too much and made me nauseous.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs one piece of toast. The other day we had some crab leg left over, DW put it in an omelet! Worth just buying crab for that.
  • Mattatooi
    Mattatooi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats; Oats, Fage Greek Yoghurt, frozen rasberries, 1x protein scoop and some milk. Chuck in a jar that has a lid, and shake shake shake. Chuck in the fridge overnight. In morning i put a tiny amount of honey in it, and its yum.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Variety. I make sure to have variety on the weekends different from the week days, and lately even wanted some variety on the weekdays. If you
  • Mattatooi
    Mattatooi Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Other than that, I would also have quick turkey steaks (from tesco in UK, takes 6-8mins under grill), with some scrambled egg, any vegtable (usually brocolli) and a slice of wholemeal toast. I then usually add a tiny bit of some sort of sauce to dip. A chilli type sauce. Only talking about 15g of it. Works for me :)