How did I gain instead of loosing??

Options
Amber_7556
Amber_7556 Posts: 29 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I started my weight loss journey 2 weeks ago, So this is my 15 day landmark , I expected to lose at least one pound if not more, and I weighed myself to actually gain 10 whooping pounds?? How did that happen. I workout 3 time or more in a week, I log my calories everyday. This is very depressing

Replies

• Shawn_in_OKC
    Shawn_in_OKC Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    masoompna wrote: »
    I started my weight loss journey 2 weeks ago, So this is my 15 day landmark , I expected to lose at least one pound if not more, and I weighed myself to actually gain 10 whooping pounds?? How did that happen. I workout 3 time or more in a week, I log my calories everyday. This is very depressing

Feel your pain, I do. After a large weight loss for the first two weeks I woke up today(day 15) and the scale tells me I've actually gained weight. WTF :s

It's probably water weight or something.
  • Amber_7556
    Options
    You lost weight and then gained ? If that's the thing then it might be water weight . How much did you gain . A pound or 2 can be water weight but mine tells me I gained 10 pounds . Not normal .
  • Amber_7556
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    You'll get better input if you set your diary to public.

7kx33ipic39d.jpg

It would make sense to me if I was not loosing and was still at my previous weight . It's the " gain " that's mind boggling.
  • Amber_7556
    Options
    I have set my diary to public . If that's going to help you guys point out the problems
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your servings? A kitchen scale is the most accurate.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I can add 5-8 lbs in water retention before my period.

In addition the the above recommendations to accurately measure all food and drink.

Keep hydrated, moderate salt intake, fibre .....
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your food diary, I only went back a few days. Great job logging :)

Your sodium intake on a few of those says was realy high! That could be causing some water retention.

Watch your salt, log everything you eat or drink, even when it's not a "great" day,

Don't get discouraged.
  • cruisin99
    cruisin99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think patience is your biggest friend right now. I think your food intake is very good and it's just some people don't lose right away off the get go. My wife was in horror when i lost 20lbs in the first month and she lost nothing... then it all happened for her too.
  • Amber_7556
    edited January 2017
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    How are you measuring your servings? A kitchen scale is the most accurate.
    Yes I have kitchen scale . I am measuring through that.
  • Amber_7556
    Options
    tennileb wrote: »
    I peeked at your food diary, I only went back a few days. Great job logging :)

Your sodium intake on a few of those says was realy high! That could be causing some water retention.

Watch your salt, log everything you eat or drink, even when it's not a "great" day,

Don't get discouraged.
    Yes I was thinking the same thing to cut back on sodium. Ty for looking.
  • Amber_7556
    Options
    cruisin99 wrote: »
    I think patience is your biggest friend right now. I think your food intake is very good and it's just some people don't lose right away off the get go. My wife was in horror when i lost 20lbs in the first month and she lost nothing... then it all happened for her too.
    20 lbs in first month?? Wow. And here I am " gaining" instead of loosing. But good thing is I did not get discouraged. I am still on track. So hopefully it will work sooner or later. Ty
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth you didn't gain 10 lbs of fat, unless you ate approximately 30 000 calories over your MAINTENANCE which I suspect you would know about... So, take a deep breath, and remember - losing weight is up and down and very frustrating, especially until you have been at it a while and spot the downward trend. Keep logging food and any exercise accurately, over all eating less than you burn and you WILL get there. Honest!! All the best.
  • Amber_7556
    Options
    SLLeask wrote: »
    For what it's worth you didn't gain 10 lbs of fat, unless you ate approximately 30 000 calories over your MAINTENANCE which I suspect you would know about... So, take a deep breath, and remember - losing weight is up and down and very frustrating, especially until you have been at it a while and spot the downward trend. Keep logging food and any exercise accurately, over all eating less than you burn and you WILL get there. Honest!! All the best.

Thank you so much , this lifted my spirits , sure thing i would know if i was eating that much lol, Hugs
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    masoompna wrote: »
    SLLeask wrote: »

Thank you so much , this lifted my spirits , sure thing i would know if i was eating that much lol, Hugs

Aw, no worries, glad it helped. I'm old and have been around this losing weight game a few times over the years, I know how disheartening it can seem at times. Have a great day and hugs right back at you, go get 'em tiger!!
  • kendi0
    kendi0 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think you do not log your food properly. you log about 350-700 kcal per day, it is not possible/realistic. And, if is true, that calories aren't enough to fuel you to work out properly and it0s not healthy for sure.
    you've said that you use a food scale, but the majority of foods that you've logged are measured per unit, portion, spoons, etc. Finally, you have logged foods like "fried eggs": to be more accurate, you have to log the egg and the amount of fat/oil you've actually used to fry/souté it.
    Moreover, you did not mention your weight/height and how much weight you want to lose.
    Hope it can help.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP last Jan and immediately gained 5lbs. Then lost that and more over the year. Stick with it and the weight will come off.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    In addition to some of the points above - are you using the same scales to weigh yourself as you did at outset? Same time of day with/out clothes? If its a digital scale have you checked the batteries? And is it on the same (non-carpet) surface as it was first time?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Did you move your scales? that affects the reading and can make reading vary greatly...
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Your logging is all over the shop. Might want to look into tightening that up.