Kimchi Anyone??

Options
Does anyone like it . I'm trying to add a lot more veggies and clean eating

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I love it! Been eating it essentially since birth (not really, but it's always been a part of my diet).
  • linda212121
    linda212121 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Cool to know but is it good for us ?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Kimchi is delicious!
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot. It can be good for gut health IF it hasn't been pasteurized (check the label). I'd consider it more of a seasoning than a veggie though. Couldn't eat a big bowl of it.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Kimchi is awesome. A good breakfast idea is an eggwhite omelette with kimchi mixed in. Topped with some chives and a dash of soy sauce and some sriracha.
  • unicornumame
    unicornumame Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a variety of fermented foods to promote healthy gut health. I like to add it to salads or veggie tacos.
  • tb221
    tb221 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yesss! It's so good and adds flavor to every meal.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    DH loves it, i can't stand the smell of it. But i don't deny is good for you.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it, even though it can feel,like someone's punching me in the face as I'm eating it, it's so strong tasting.
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The one bad thing I can say about it is it's high in sodium. But the amount of goodies in it make it worth it (garlic,onions,ginger).
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I like kimchi it, especially if it's super spicy. It is stinky if you aren't the one eating it though.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    kimchi is awesome, and yes, nutritious.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have it every morning on my eggs.
  • precious_cargo
    precious_cargo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love it, eat it right out of the container. Never thought of using it as an ingredient, may have to try that.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I LOVE it! My family hates that I love it!
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it! My colleagues are less than impressed when I munch on it at my desk though.....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I love it...my work mates not so much.
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Kimchi is a fridge staple in our house. Not great re: sodium as @omakase619 pointed out. But dang if kimchi omelettes aren't delicious.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I love it, and as someone else mentioned, I can (and do) eat it right out of the jar. It has few calories and really spices up everything you eat it with. For me, that speaks to satiety and I find I can eat less of something if its full of flavour. Regarding the expression "clean eating", there are so many interpretations of that phrase as to render it meaningless now.