Spam from MLM?

Options
Has anyone else been receiving generic messages from members regarding different fitness and clean eating challenges? It sounds like a beachbody coach to me but I'm not sure.

Replies

• cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    So far I've only gotten one on this app & it was months ago. I do get quite a few on IG though
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. I just ignore them.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. I just ignore them.

Same.

Though sometimes, if I'm feeling extra snarky, I just respond with "k" or "lol".

That's always fun.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    You can Block these people. It blows my mind that there's no Report feature. You can email mods about these messages.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Occasionally, I just block the user.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I got a beachbody coach emailing me telling me I could work from home as a motivational health coach despite having no experience or credentials... I'd never realized beachbody was a pyramid scam before.
  • courtlirwin
    courtlirwin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got a beachbody coach emailing me telling me I could work from home as a motivational health coach despite having no experience or credentials... I'd never realized beachbody was a pyramid scam before.

That is what drives me nuts!!! I saw a nutritionist after my son was born, ya know- someone who was educated on the subject!! Agh
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I let a moderator or staff member know when I get one and who it was from. Might as well help them find their way off this site while protecting more gullible members.
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Me neither until reading this. Wow!
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What makes you think it's a pyramid scheme?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but would likely report to the staff and then block the person.
  • Anamaere
    Anamaere Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Im getting slammed with Thrive spam everywhere but here (thankfully). it drives me insane. I've had a few random messages from mlm 'health' and 'lifestyle program' scams in the past, but i seem to have dropped off the radar now that im nowhere near as active on the forums as i used to be
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options

I had zero experience with nutrition or fitness when I joined as a coach to get a discount on products when I first started. They never provided any training either. It was crazy. Then I was taken off as an "active coach" because I didn't sell enough even though they took my money each month and deemed them "coaching fees"
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What makes you think it's a pyramid scheme?

Because they are. That's their whole business model.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you get a discount for signing people up and they get a discount for signing people up that's usually a pyramid scheme. It's also a bad sign of product quality if they have to give a discount to get people to use the product.