Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Spam from MLM?

Has anyone else been receiving generic messages from members regarding different fitness and clean eating challenges? It sounds like a beachbody coach to me but I'm not sure.

Replies

• cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    So far I've only gotten one on this app & it was months ago. I do get quite a few on IG though
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Sometimes. I just ignore them.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Sometimes. I just ignore them.

Same.

Though sometimes, if I'm feeling extra snarky, I just respond with "k" or "lol".

That's always fun.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    You can Block these people. It blows my mind that there's no Report feature. You can email mods about these messages.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Occasionally, I just block the user.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    I got a beachbody coach emailing me telling me I could work from home as a motivational health coach despite having no experience or credentials... I'd never realized beachbody was a pyramid scam before.
  • courtlirwin
    courtlirwin Posts: 7 Member
    I got a beachbody coach emailing me telling me I could work from home as a motivational health coach despite having no experience or credentials... I'd never realized beachbody was a pyramid scam before.

That is what drives me nuts!!! I saw a nutritionist after my son was born, ya know- someone who was educated on the subject!! Agh
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I let a moderator or staff member know when I get one and who it was from. Might as well help them find their way off this site while protecting more gullible members.
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member

Me neither until reading this. Wow!
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    What makes you think it's a pyramid scheme?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I haven't, but would likely report to the staff and then block the person.
  • Anamaere
    Anamaere Posts: 60 Member
    Im getting slammed with Thrive spam everywhere but here (thankfully). it drives me insane. I've had a few random messages from mlm 'health' and 'lifestyle program' scams in the past, but i seem to have dropped off the radar now that im nowhere near as active on the forums as i used to be
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member

I had zero experience with nutrition or fitness when I joined as a coach to get a discount on products when I first started. They never provided any training either. It was crazy. Then I was taken off as an "active coach" because I didn't sell enough even though they took my money each month and deemed them "coaching fees"
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    What makes you think it's a pyramid scheme?

Because they are. That's their whole business model.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    edited January 2017
    If you get a discount for signing people up and they get a discount for signing people up that's usually a pyramid scheme. It's also a bad sign of product quality if they have to give a discount to get people to use the product.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited January 2017
    I get them sometimes, I just ignore them. I'd rather those than the one i got the other day which said " Do you taste as good as you look". What grotty pig would think that's a flattering thing to say to a woman! :confounded: and the other one "there are sparkling stars in the sky" mmm okay :neutral: