People who make noises while eating should be locked up far away from civilized society.

Options
Lizarking
Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
edited January 2017 in Chit-Chat
I'm lookin at you: lip smackers, mouth-open eaters, unnecessary slurping -- Eating shouldn't sound like a sprint through the swamp. SCHPLORP SCHMRRLK SPLRP SPLRP POP POP SCHMLOOORK.

Attacking the plate with knife and fork like you're trying to slay a dragon.

People that moan while they eat (Seriously, wtf?) Oh, and people that crunch loudly, you people could make a gummy bear sound like a horse stepping on a walnut.

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    ... or murderers
  • Lizarking
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ... or murderers

Locked up with murderers? Seems extreme. Maybe if they chew with their mouths open.
  • bella1715
    bella1715 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    true though this I my biggest pet peeve!!! like please people chew with your mouth closed!
  • Lizarking
    Options
    I don't fret about other people's eating habits. Eating is personal and it's stupid to make a big deal about it.

I attend black and even white tie events regularly. The richest of folks have the weirdest of habits. Not everyone is raised in Buckingham palace.

I prefer loud eaters. They are friendly and down to earth.

Sure, like belching or flatulence.
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »
    I'm lookin at you: lip smackers, mouth-open eaters, unnecessary slurping -- Eating shouldn't sound like a sprint through the swamp. SCHPLORP SCHMRRLK SPLRP SPLRP POP POP SCHMLOOORK.

People that moan while they eat (Seriously, wtf?) Oh, and people that crunch loudly, you people could make a gummy bear sound like a horse stepping on a walnut.

I thought I was the only one..... :p
  • Lizarking
    Options
    mskimee wrote: »

I thought I was the only one..... :p

Right? what's with all these noisy, gross people?
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I make it a point to chew my gum as loud as possible. It tastes better that way. But I'm a silent eater.

Ya know? I was getting to like you and your sense of humor, but THIS revises everything! (Not that my opinion of you or anything else matters to you or anyone else here...!!) I cannot STAND people who snap and pop their gum...it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up! These are the people who should just simply be removed from the planet...along with stupid yappy dogs* and other assorted riff-raff...

;-)

*especially stupid yappy dogs who make disgusting noises when they eat.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    That bad huh? Move out or ask them to move out, also start eating by yourself, maybe in your car if you have to..
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I make it a point to chew my gum as loud as possible. It tastes better that way. But I'm a silent eater.

Ya know? I was getting to like you and your sense of humor, but THIS revises everything! (Not that my opinion of you or anything else matters to you or anyone else here...!!) I cannot STAND people who snap and pop their gum...it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up! These are the people who should just simply be removed from the planet...along with stupid yappy dogs* and other assorted riff-raff...

;-)

*especially stupid yappy dogs who make disgusting noises when they eat.
    Heres a msg from my dogs... :neutral:
    w0k56zanglev.jpgslr1iqc46q57.jpg

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Mouth breathers... If I can hear you breathing..... You need to reevaluate some life choices.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    People who can't exist in society with minor irritations should probably just go home.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    @lizaking

"Monday, Monday"

Monday, Monday, so good to me;
    Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be.
    Oh, Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
    That Monday evening you would still be here with me.
    Monday, Monday, can't trust that day;
    Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way.
    Oh, Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be.
    Oh, Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me?
    Every other day, every other day
    Every other day of the week is fine, yeah.
    But whenever Monday comes - but whenever Monday comes
    You can find me crying all of the time.
    Monday, Monday, so good to me;
    Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be.
    But Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
    That Monday evening you would still be here with me.
    Every other day, every other day
    Every other day of the week is fine, yeah.
    But whenever Monday comes - but whenever Monday comes
    You can find me crying all of the time.
    Monday, Monday, can't trust that day;
    Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way.
    Oh, Monday, Monday, won't go away;
    Monday, Monday, it's here to stay.
    Oh Monday, Monday
    Oh Monday, Monday
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    bella1715 wrote: »
    true though this I my biggest pet peeve!!! like please people chew with your mouth closed!

Make as much noise as you want, but please keep your dang mouth closed! When we go out to eat with my FIL I have to wait until he is seated to make sure he's not across from me. I just can't deal with it.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

Me too! My husband had to warn me about the noisy eaters in his office when I went to work there so I would know who (not) to sit near ...
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily take issue with how people eat, but I hate when people "hahhhh" after every sip of coffee.

And mouth breathers.

That is all.

For now.
  • newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Excuse my manners :'( Thank you for showing me the light...