People who make noises while eating should be locked up far away from civilized society.

Options
2»

Replies

• sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Loud eaters don't normally bother me but the girl who sits in the cubicle next to mine eats so loud it is crazy - I don't know how it is possible.
  • greeneyedfurball
    greeneyedfurball Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    I'm not gonna read this but here here I agree. And people who stick their fingers in buckets of popcorn at the movies and wriggle them around for ten minutes before grabbing a handful and pulling their hand out should be executed immediately.

OMG, my husband does this and it drives me crazy! He also rattles the ice in his drink when he picks it up to take a sip. On his behalf, I apologize to all movie-goers who have to sit near us.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I was trying to think of eating related habits that bugged me. I wouldn't drop anyone on a deserted island over them but they are annoying habits.
    Loud soup or noodle slurping
    Talking with food in their mouth- harder to understand and it is kind of gross
    Taking giant bites of food or stuffing something whole into their mouth
    Taking tiny nibbles or picking apart their food
    Letting food get cold because they talk to much or are absorbed in a device
    Asking someone a question when they have just put food in their mouth
    The sound of wet chewing
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My roommate will finish eating then loudly hiccup, followed by a burp and a "Oh yeah!" as if he's congratulating himself. Every time. Honestly, dude is a slob but pays his rent on time.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Misophonia. It's real.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Just saying, misophonia. See if it applies to you.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I know this is a tongue-in-cheek thread and it's cute and a bit funny.

But parents: PLEASE, please, teach your children table manners - starting at an early age. Even if you have to buy a 2nd hand, Miss Manners etiquette book from a thrift shop showing you exactly what table manners are and why they matter.

Then pass that invaluable information down to your impressionable children and enforce it at the meal table. Every. Time.

For the good of society. Please.

Because table manners, or lack thereof, start at home.

I agree with you 100%. I'm a teacher. Every day I look around the cafeteria, and it is clearly evident which kids never sit at a table with their families to eat and carry on a conversation. They are hunched over their trays, shoveling food in as fast as they can, almost like an animal. It makes me so sad. Years ago, we used to include etiquette and manners into our curriculum. Now the standardized testing stakes are so high, that teaching those skills has gone by the wayside.